Blitz Company (Formally Advance Wars Like Game) !!

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitz Company (Formally Advance Wars Like Game) !!

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#1]
This post is outdated now Please us this one instead...
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=45213

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#2]
looking good dude!

IPete2.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#3]
Can someone please test this and tell me if they are getting a decent frame rate?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#4]
(Formally Advance Wars Like Game) !!
Did you mean FORMERLY?

Grisu(Posted 2005) [#5]
Smoother now.
Could u make the fog of war also hide the clouds layers?

The capturing if buildings is broken now?!?

@wolron: Another working title that was. :)

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yeah, I have to fix some stuff. The capturing thing cropped up at the last minute. I'll fix that and repost it. I'll see what I can do about the clouds.

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#7]
In this build I couldn't capture anything. I tried surrounding a building on all the squares surrounding it (including diagnal squares) with infantry and a tank, nothing happened. Also, I'm still annoyed at the unit hesitence to move when near an enemy unit. It moves only one space no matter where I tell it to go and it's nothing but a pain.

Also, maybe you should remove the mini-map from the gameplay until you have it functioning. It serves no purpose if it can't display the map or act as a way to quickly move your view. If you want to get a prototype mini-map going, have the game look at the status of each tile in the map and for every tile plot one pixel or a 2x2 block. If the tile it's looking at is hidden in the FOW, plot a black pixel. If the tile it's looking at is uncovered from the fog and is a friendly unit, plot a green pixel. So on so forth. You'll have a basic dynamic mini-map system.

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#8]
I have a new version that addresses a lot of those problems. I'll try to post it tonight.

Here's a preview of battle cinematic system. It not in the alpha version. You'll have to wait for this. :P

Jimbob(Posted 2005) [#9]
w00t. Now I'm very intrigued. :P
* loads up Advance Wars again...

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#10]
Holy crap, Craig! I must give you manlove!

Craig H. Nisbet(Posted 2005) [#11]
Ok, that is truely the strangest thing anyone has said to me. :P

N(Posted 2005) [#12]
I must give you manlove!

Excuse me, but that is MY line.

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#13]
Excuse me, but that is MY line.

Bite me, Noel. I love this game more than you >:p