nano progress...

Community Forums/Showcase/nano progress...

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#1]
just random pics to show that I'm going somewhere... slooowly... :)

[EDIT] more stuff... I have been playing with 3d backdrops instead of the boring 2d images... some video of the 3d bloodvessel...

www.rippedsoftware.com/bloodvessel.avi
there's even some bloodflow going on ;)

*(Posted 2005) [#2]
looks good =)

Barliesque(Posted 2005) [#3]
Somehow it just keeps getting better and better. ...So how 'bout releasing it! :D

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#4]
Looks nice, but one obvious thing springs to mind. If you're inside some kind of organism and you have smoke trails coming of your ships, that's going to pollute the organism?

Genexi2(Posted 2005) [#5]
If you dont release a demo of this within a month I will mail you a parcel to which a bomb labelled "Hurry up, I want to play this dangit!" is enclosed.
(instructions on how to light the bomb and where to place it before it blows are included)

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#6]
AngelDaniel: Well.. the ships ain't too environment friendly...

Genexi: Don't blow me up! I'll release a demo when I have at least one gamemode in. Should be in a month or so.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#7]
I presume the ships are moving around in a liquid rather than air, since that would be more accurate? Then how about having an `air bubble stream` coming out the rear rather than smoke, ie show disturbance in the liquid rather than make it look like you're airborne. Somehow it just doesn't quite sit with me that you have smoke trails.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#8]
This looks awesome. Can't wait to play it :D

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#9]
AngelDaniel: Yeah... liquid trail might be much better... will have to experiment with that.

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#10]
Looks brilliant Bouncer. Love the attention to detail. Just checked out your 14 x AI video .. very cool ... Is this waypoint network created at runtime?

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#11]
Stevie G: Yeah... it's generated when starting a level, then it dynamically switches paths on/off if moving objects block the path.

[Update] have been playing with 3d backdrops instead of the boring 2d images... some video of the 3d bloodvessel I made...
http://www.rippedsoftware.com/bloodvessel.avi

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#12]
looking very nice. the vid is tops.

Cant wait to play this.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#13]
Still amazes me :)

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#14]
Yeah I dont think I can add any more 'impressed-sounding' words to what Ive already said about 'nano' just HURRY UP Bouncer!!! :)

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#15]
Yeah I dont think I can add any more 'impressed-sounding' words to what Ive already said about 'nano' just HURRY UP Bouncer!!! :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#16]
*Pokes Malice with a stick*

nawi(Posted 2005) [#17]
If you need any beta testing help, drop me a line :P
Im finnish too..

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#18]
GREAT!

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#19]
ummm nothing more to add but WOW impressive stuff

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#20]
sheesh that is awsome !

I wants !!!!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#21]
God! When will a beta come out??!?!

This looks sooooooooo good.

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#22]
Thanks for all the support.

I will try my best to finish it sooner than later. It just seems like there's a never-ending TODO list... Certainly doesn't help that all my crew members are me,me and me. I need a team goddamned! ... maybe not as I like to be in control, but it's a lot of work... If only I could work as fast as GFK :)

Panno(Posted 2005) [#23]
i like the idee and the style cool

nawi(Posted 2005) [#24]
Bouncer mind sharing ur email address?

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#25]
Nawi: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Account/showuser.php?id=2921

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#26]
Hey this is looking nice and I like that things gradually approach in the bloodstream.

Nice bubble trails too ;-) *hint* .... tho I was expecting like lots of small bubbles in parallel rather than like one big bubble coming out.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#27]
Ooh didnt mean the double-posty up there. Guess I was just really really emphasizing it.

@Cygnus - Ouch!

:)