CComposer..soon

Community Forums/Showcase/CComposer..soon

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi folks..Inspired by TeraED, I start working on my own editor. In past 6 months Im put all features well known to me from physics (ODE), particles(Lotus),AI,dynamic light management (more than 8 lights) and texture effects in to one place..point is to import whole scene, parts of scene, characters, then define their behavior, or add some cool effects on some parts, AI and physics chains,..etc..then simply save your project and its ready to run over one 'player' similar to TeraED..I dont know is it good or not, but I would like to know your thoughts about main idea, and if someone knows similar editor already done, please let me know..I wanna check and maybe learn something from it...thanks anyway..till now, Composer working well, and I finish few of my projects very fast with it...I hope you will like it...free release will be in next 30 days ppprox...and sorry on my bad english..here is screenshoot...

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#2]
huhh..by the way..how to post screenshoot..please?? I'm getting 'ERROR: Cannot read file' message...soo??

po(Posted 2005) [#3]
(img http://www.sample.com/images/pic1.jpg)
replace the "()" with "[]"

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks Po...here is the link..

po(Posted 2005) [#5]
Angelfire won't let people link images, so I guess you have to just give a link to your website and see the pics from there. :(

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
..but i can see picture here...strange..

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#7]
here ya go NaughtyA... i can keep that up for ya for a while, till you get some real virtual space :)

--Mike

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
you welcome man.. :)

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#9]
Is that whole level built in CComposer?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#10]
..noo..whole stuff is builted in 3DSMAX..in Composer you can change things, add things, define waypoints, path for characters, connect characters or parts of scene with physics chain, apply normalmapping, use light management system etc...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#11]
Very nice. Especially the built in physics support.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#12]
Oh physics support... Free...
Thank you, you have just inspired me to hurry up and finish what I began :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#13]
well..JFK, actually it was not my idea...I stole it from Crytek team..their level editor doing similar thing.. :))

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#14]
..but i can see picture here...strange..

Most likely, your browser already had a copy of the image in its cache (it would have this if you had just viewed the actual page or image on angelfire directly), and if you view other links to the same image shortly afterwards, the old copy is simply pulled from the cache rather than the acvtual server.

Anyone else would actually contact the angelfire server when viewing this thread, which would serve them the placeholder image because they don't support the hotlinking.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#15]
Cry..who? :p BTW your JPGs are 1.5 Megs each? WTH? Please use smaller ones next time, thanks.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#16]
Crytek team...Boys whos did Far Cry game...
http://www.crytek.com/screenshots/index.php?sx=cryengine

I use to see their editor and source too (if you license it, they giving you full source for editorand engine too, hot stuff!)..friend of mine whos working for company whos purchase and licence their engine, show me all this stuff...so i did something similar ib Blitz3D, of course with use of many many stuff from our forum, and only what I did is composition of all stuff in to one useful environment..and my only serious touch is happen on light management system, so no matter how many lights you putting on scene it will be properly managed, so whole scene is covered with real time lights..there is a few bugs in it, and happening if you put group of lights (2 of them) too close according to camera FOV...in case 3 or more lights things system working properly..but never mind..i will fix it ...and file size is becouse I resave file trough photoshop, in working resolution without rescaling..but next one will be smaller..I am really sorry JFK...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#17]
"Cry..who?" Nah, that was a joke ;)

What's the price for their engine license?

angel martinez(Posted 2005) [#18]
Naughty, good work, what Blitz GUI are you using for your editor ?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#19]
..its BlitzUI...easy to use, excellent and absolutely FREE..