Attention MDickie!

Community Forums/Showcase/Attention MDickie!

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hiya!

Looks great - dloading now ...but... you need to ammend the front page link and remove the comma, it throws a 404!

IPete2.

puki(Posted 2005) [#2]
I can't even get the site - sniff

Aha, it is because he put a comma at the end of the link.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#3]
he must've fixed it, cause i got in and downloaded the trial with my eyes closed...

funny though, what i find that motivates me to check out a demo... some glitzy looking screenshots i'll just pass by, but for some reason, the hype about interacting on your own in a virtual 3d world... and something about this being deep, caught my attention.

also, where elese can you get a full boxed version of a game, with extra bonus features, and 2 hours of unseen footage, plus 2 surprise endings... for only $14.95 nowadays!!!!

if, after checking out the demo, this is just only mildly interesting, i'm gonna buy...

--Mike

GfK(Posted 2005) [#4]
I downloaded the 3.5mb demo version but it won't even install. "this file contains invalid data", it says.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#5]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=44500

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#6]
..I'm not sure that I will pay $14.95 for this...

GfK(Posted 2005) [#7]
..I'm not sure that I will pay $14.95 for this...
I got the 6mb 'trial' version to work and I must say its pretty bad. The whole thing lacks colour, finesse, gameplay and any sense of exactly what it is you're supposed to be doing, apart from beating up dogs or whatever they're supposed to be. It all feels very bland and uninteresting. The controls are horrid, with animation to match, plus a camera system that can only be described as 'interesting' at best. And to top it ALL off, he's gone and used the bloody Softwrap delivery system. :S

$14.95? I don't think so. You can get AAA games for half that.

N(Posted 2005) [#8]
With GfK here. Just plain didn't enjoy it.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#9]
While the $14.95 apparenttly lookes expensive to quite a few people for an 'independent' game, the main reason for that pricepoint seems to be the overhead of the publishing/selling cost.

Looks like CafePress (the store) takes a $8.99 cut for making each CD (with jewelcase, cover, and insert like this one is handled)

They apparently also offer a 'basic' CD option without the jewelcase & printed cover for $4.99, so perhaps it might be beneficial to also offer that version, so people get the choice between the more 'professionally' packaged version, or they can safe a couple of bucks if a printed cover isn't important to them?

Pricepoint at $10.99 would result in the same profit for the creator, while lowering the price enough to possibly appeal to a wider public.

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#10]
yeah, just what the hell are you suppsoed to do?. The models/animations are utterly horrible.

The sounds are the worst. They are not 3d , so you hear everything at thr same time

Having said that it is a nice idea and has a bit of atmosphere.

xmlspy(Posted 2005) [#11]
I played the game; it’s more of a simulator than a game. The whole point of the game seems to be "survive" or basically just destroy everything. Living in the game is pretty hard to do, unless you find that you can make weapons by beating the trees and the rocks. If you go to the center of the island you can get a rifle. Beating everything is easy after a while, except that jaguar that's in a fence in the middle.

Controls are ok, could be a lot better.
Graphics are decent, only the blood and scars are nice.
Sound gets annoying after a while.
AI on this game is very interesting, some improvements could be made.
I like the F4 time speed stuff.
Walking is nice (based on energy bar), no run :(, jump is not very used and it works badly.

This game has some unique ideas, but lacks the correct goal, or is there a goal? But again, what's the goal of a caveman?

2.5/5

Kanati(Posted 2005) [#12]
memory error when I try to run the demo here... (the menu works fine, but when I start a new game... BAM!)

Canali(Posted 2005) [#13]
Well...
...while is nowhere near to a quality for which can be demanded $s I must admit that this game has really good ideas and is more interesting that wht someone could think at first approach.

Its indeed a real time simulation where the scope seems to "survive".
The human beeing we control hase three basic needs: energy, hunger and thirst.

The needs are related and tend to grow with time passing (that can be altered with a nice FFWD function that affects the wholw world).

It also sees a basic IA that controls other NPCs and creatures with the same necessities as our player.
And someone we have to fight to gain food or to defend the food we just gathered from plats other animals.

There are really good ideas,
the "basic" form of the game works enough,
and I really wish the author will work on this prototype.

I can also suggest to check infos for Intepid Xbox's game "BC" that has many things in common with this.