Blitz Media-Linker V1.4 Released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Blitz Media-Linker V1.4 Released!

AL90(Posted 2005) [#1]
DownloadLink: http://blitztools.de.vu
or in the Signature

Blitz Media-Linker is a Wizard-Controlled Program with it you can Create Stand-Alone-
Executables (Single Executables) of your own Blitz-Programs. So you can add all Media-
Files to your Executable File and Create it as Stand-Alone (Single) File. So you must
not rewrite, change or add the ExtractEngine (like in BBCruncher) in your Blitz-
Sourcecode, but can accept the Sourcecode directly in Blitz Media-Linker when the
Sourcecode has a Final-State. Therefore is this Tool not only usable for Advanced
Users, but also good for Beginners. A Wizard (GUI) will you help with the Installation
in Step-by-Step.

Features:
---------

- Wizard-Controlled and Step-by-Step Installation.
- Easy Controlling, so also good usable for Beginners.
- Based on the known CrunchEngine of BBCruncher.
- Supports the ExtractEngines of BBCruncher. (optional - If available in Sourcecode)
- No rewrite or changes on Final-Sourcecode required.
- English & German DOCs available.

History:
--------

V1.0
-----
- First Release.

V1.1
-----
- Add Recursive Including Support.
- Some Routines changed.

V1.2
-----
- Fixed: Picture Recognization in some .b3d-Files

V1.3
-----
- Add: All required Paths will now save in a ConfigFile.
- Add: Include a new option "AddPath".
- Add: User can now select to a Split-Project (Exe + Archive)
or Single-Exe when a Project is bigger than 10 MB.

V1.4
-----
- Fixed: Multitasking problems in Crunch Process.
- Some Changes.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#2]
Thanks Harald!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#3]
..well done man..I'm already using it...

Dragon57(Posted 2005) [#4]
Great, many thanks!

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#5]
Sweet! I like it!

Dock(Posted 2005) [#6]
Cool! Thanks for sharing this, I'm certain this will be a useful tool when I'm further through development of my game.

How long is it taking people for this to execute? Mine has been going for a while now and still hasn't finished, even though there's only a couple of megs of media. It seems like it has frozen, but the CPU activity is high so I presume its still compressing. I chose 'normal' for compression, and I'm running on a 2ghz machine.

Dock(Posted 2005) [#7]
Actually, I don't think this is working for me, no matter what I choose. :/

Naughty Alien(Posted 2005) [#8]
On my machine execution is very fast, same as execution of final exe. Try to switch off Debug option in your Blitz3D. Same thing happen to me, and after I switch off debug, things working fine..2.4 GHz

Réno(Posted 2005) [#9]
it works great, thanks a lot for that !

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#10]
Couple of requests:

1) Could you add support for command-line execution. This would be nice for those that do batch building.

2) Is it possible to link media files to an already built executable? I just want to link my media files to any executable file (no compiling).

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#11]
is there a way to debug when it doesnt work?