Wobbles full version free

Community Forums/Showcase/Wobbles full version free

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hey guys,

Wobbles full version can be downloaded on
www.synthetix-interactive.com
http://www.synthetix-interactive.com/Wobbles/wobbles.avi [22 mb]

We're preparing ourselves for a big commercial project, so I don't have the time to fiddle around with Wobbles registrations, or update Wobbles with LAN/singleplayer features. This makes the game an excellent freebie I think :-)

Have fun,

Jeroen

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hey, thanks Mister Nice Guy!

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#3]
Ow, all levels are lightmapped using Gile[s]!!!!

:D

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#4]
Jeroen, I think you have gone mad.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hehe

Amon_old(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thx Jeroen :)

sswift(Posted 2005) [#7]
Yeah I'll say he's gone mad. Didn't you just finish that? Are you SURE your big comemrcial project isn't gonan fall through? Geez!

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#8]
Sweet!
Thanks Jeroen!

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#9]
Hey Sswift,

Well, we spoke about it, and even with a possible "no-go" for the big project, PR for a newly founded game company is a good thing. I'd rather see Wobbles being installed on a lot of computers, without the financial reward, instead of the game being installed on a relativly few computers, but with financial reward.
The game sold, but it would sell a lot better with LAN support, and when we will implement that, is in another game (Wobbles II? hehe).

We released a demo of Project Joe as well, and since then we got a lot of attention, and we are being taken seriously now. Now its up to us to prove we can finish big games (not free) as well :-)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#10]
I am afraid we all have to release our best work as freeware too unless we want to risk that people say "what 10$? you must be kiddin, Wobbles is free!" ;)

But hey Jeroen, if I was you I probably tried to sell a temporary exclusive license to a magazine, so they could release it as a free fullversion on their coverdisk, some weeks or moths before it's free for everyone.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#11]
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA.....

--Mike

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#12]
hey Jeroen, thanks for the game :). I hope this game being released for free boosts your marketing and gets your next project a headstart on release.

I only played the demo, so I look forward to trying the whole thing :)

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#13]
Red Ocktober...we have a big project in the pipeline, and we're new on the market...And, Wobbles was never made with a commercial goal.

Laughing about it is your choice.

Some would laugh, others would say it's an investment.

SopiSoft(Posted 2005) [#14]
WOW, i can't believe you're giving this game away for free...thank you very much! :-D

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#15]
Wow great Jeroen! I think this is a good move considering the game as it was so long as you had no intentions of adding extra game modes for single player or Internet play.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#16]
bah, I wont play it even for free... would you consider paying me? :P

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#17]
If I would pay you, you had to star in Wobbles as a character. Naked. Wearing socks.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#18]
hey J... i was laughing at the response posted above (jfk's)... nothing more, nothing less...

you are without a doubt entitled to do whatever you wish with your work... and you alone are certainly the final arbitrator for what to charge for your time and efforts...

i looked at the game in response to something someone on another board said about the graphics being worth taking a look at... but at no time had i ever considered licensing it...

as a matter of fact, i didn't even run it past the first few menu screens, and then removed it from my hard drive... it's just not my kind of pastime...

so, as you can see, it doesn't matter one way or another to me whether you sell licenses to play, or give the game away... i really am not that close to it one way or another... i would not have taken the time to comment or make a snide aside in response to the news of your overwhelming generousity.

i am giving you a complete explanation here though, so that there will be no misunderstanding... as you seem to have taken some sort of exception to me laughing at jfk's humor quip directly above my post... which is what i found funny in the first place... not the fact that you decided to give your game away.

you are getting defensive about nothing... i dunno why... maybe it's that 'big project in the pipeline'... whatever it is, i hope that you are not already reading your own press... especially before any press has been printed.

you're gonna find that if you start taking yourself too seriously, you'll wind up being the only one that does...

--Mike

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#19]
Hey Mike,

Uhm, in that case I guess I mis-interpreted your forum post. No offense. That's what a bunch of letters do, they are easily misinterpreted (anyone read the Bible?).

And, I think I'm not getting too serious (read my other reply here, or other nonsense posts on this board).

So, let's all unite and pray to the Wobbles.

See ya!

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#20]
If there is one thing you would never want to do is release a game as shareware and then make it freeware.

If you make it shareware, ok
If you make it freeware, ok
If you make it freeware then shareware, ok
If you make it shareware then freeware, that's total loser, people will realize that it didnt have a single registration because it sucks so much, so you hope that if you make it free at least somebody will play it and maybe you will also get a thx email by someone...

Take, me, I made a shareware that sold only 45 copies because it sucks, but if people want to play it all, they still have to pay for it, with their hard earned money wahahahaha!

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#21]
If there is one thing you would never want to do is release a game as shareware and then make it freeware.

Sorry, but that's bullsh*t. As the owner of the application, I have the right to change the policy whenever I want, so there. I don't think that the hassle of sending out registrations is worth the money that I get from the payment service, and I did send out quite a few I must say.

I think it's worth to release a $ 19.99 / $ 24.99 with more levels, singleplayer missions, but not a $ 10 game with less than that.

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#22]
I use esallerate, and the registration system is fully automated, so I dont need to do anything when someone buys the game, esellerate automatically sends them an e-mail with a serial. Maybe you should consider something similar.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#23]
Thanks for the tip. Something to consider for Game II :-)

Najdorf(Posted 2005) [#24]
Ok, good luck!

Sphinx(Posted 2005) [#25]
In that case use Plimus instead ;)

By the way, thanks for the game :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#26]
IM assuming this is excelent
only it wont run on my LCD.... ;/

Uhfgood(Posted 2005) [#27]
Interesting... I had an idea of my first blitz game to basically be free for all blitz users and some of my friends... and then later going shareware with it. Of course my game won't be as near good or even the same in any respect ;-)

Keith