New Game -> Patriot Command

Community Forums/Showcase/New Game -> Patriot Command

Pavlov(Posted 2005) [#1]
My first game is done. I've got a few minor things to add but so far works ok on my machine. I wrote this as an exercise to learn Blitzmax and am always interested in comments on coding style and better ways to accomplish different programming tasks.

Enjoy!

http://blitz.dkmhosting.com/index.htm

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#2]
To make it work on the PC, I added "littleendian::" before the high score file path.

There's a little bug in the same section -- if the high score file doesn't exist, you're still calling CloseFile, and as the file variable is Null, it crashes.

I also found the missile collision detection a bit too strict -- I'd do a simple distance check but allow a good few pixels leeway myself.

Nicely done though!

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#3]
The screenshots look nice (I am one of the 99.99% of computer owners that do not own a MAC) :cD

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#4]
Your link seems to be dead. Shame, I was looking forward to trying this.

Pavlov(Posted 2005) [#5]
The web site is down but I can still ftp in and view all the files. It also looks like I've got a few bugs to fix. For now I commented out the highscores since its still a work in progress and reuploaded the files to the server.

When the web site comes back up they'll be there.

Last night I signed up with six different hosting providers and went to a hundred more web providers to find a free one where I could my game. Guess you get what you pay for I also guess this is why it's called it a prerelease. Doh!

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#6]
you don't get any web space with your ISP signup?

Pavlov(Posted 2005) [#7]
Eh, I'm not to happy with my isp, thinking about dropping them. Good news is the web site is back up.