Roids - BETA - wraning images inside post.

Community Forums/Showcase/Roids - BETA - wraning images inside post.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello All.

First of all the Screen shots.

This is an Asteroids Style of Game, with over the top firepower. Big guns, Big Explosions, Big Asteroids.

This as the topic says is a Beta, the download link for it can be found in the forum post linked bellow. YES, you will have to register for it, and we would also like any reply or comments on it posted to our own forums. Its a closed beta but were letting this community in on it.

http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/Development/forum/index.php?showforum=63

Any replies left here will probably be read but if you really want your voice heard and possibly your thoughts name and ideas put into the game's final release then make sure you post it on our forums.

Thanks.

Oh yeah the file is around the 16 meg mark, so It might not be one for the 56k users, although I wont stop you from downloading it, its your time.

Thanks in advance to those who take the time to play this, we hope you enjoy the game, and if not then we hope you let us know about it and why.( ;) on our forums :P )

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#2]
Oh screen shots are a little out of date, the interface has changed a little.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looks good. Reminds me of Super Stardust...

Still don't really go with the idea of having to register for demos tho. More hassle than I can be bothered with.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#4]
Its not a demo.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#5]
It looks alright. I'm wondering how is it original other than strapping on `more of the same`?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#6]
First of all everything is original with the exception of the lvl bg's.

If your talking about the game mechanic, then I would argue that shooters like these are in a genera of their own, and have as much a right to exist as any FPS or RTS games do. I mean after all what is halflife 2 , but just another doom with better gfx , sound and AI.

TDS(Top Down Shooters) sounds like a good description of this genera.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#7]
feed back ppl pls..

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#8]
downloading.. i will let my kids loose on it;)

they loved Tinvaders

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#9]
Looking bright, colourful, clear and FUN!

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#10]
Ta tiler, On the subject I have just released a small patch for TI, so the online scores are working again.

I will be adding online scores to This as well as I feel it adds an extra dimension to the competative play of the game.

Malice ? lol I could a sheep as I have a few 3D models of em around for another game, although im not sure about the badgers. ;)