Yet more Par Fore stuff

Community Forums/Showcase/Yet more Par Fore stuff

GfK(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello.

Finally got started on the computer AI today (after putting it off for about 2 months). Took me a total of 11 hours to get it finished and working properly, complete with 3 skill levels. :)

*Video* (Zipped WMV format - sorry!) [edit]See below[/edit]

Video is done with an old version of FRAPS, so there's no sound and the frame rate is poor. Least you can see it running though.

A few grabs taken today:

Some older pics:

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#2]
Interesting...

Wiebo(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nice!!

rsbrowndog(Posted 2005) [#4]
Awesome.

It's everything I wanted it to be, but lacked the skill to achieve. I bow down to your superiority yet again.

/me shuffles off to have a little cry in the corner...

Cheers,

Ryan

Caff(Posted 2005) [#5]
It's looking great :D

Bouncer(Posted 2005) [#6]
Looking nice... but check your cloud code.
In the video ... I can see some cloud warp happening :)

GfK(Posted 2005) [#7]
Looking nice... but check your cloud code.
In the video ... I can see some cloud warp happening :)
The code is fine. Its something to do with render tweening and FRAPS trying to capture at a lower framerate than the game is running at (and still not being fast enough to do it properly). :/

I'd like to do a better video. I'll have a play later. :)

GfK(Posted 2005) [#8]
New videos:

Done with FRAPS - Video 1

Done with FRAPS2 Demo - Video 2

Second video runs at the right framerate and also has sound, although everything seems to have been recorded at full volume - looks like FRAPS2 has something against 3D sounds.... :)

Perturbatio(Posted 2005) [#9]
That looks pretty good.
Look forward to a demo. :)

LineOf7s(Posted 2005) [#10]
In the spirit of every conversation we've ever had about 'Hole In One', and as an oblique reminder of what some of us can lovingly refer to as The Good Ole Days:

Kudos on the phrase 'Even Par'. :oD

GfK(Posted 2005) [#11]
Kudos on the phrase 'Even Par'.
You know what? I actually asked people in IRC whether you said it should be "Level Par" or "Even Par".

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#12]
Looks fun! I don't like the white fluffy clouds though, they look like polystyrene/styrafoam/evil.

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#13]
I agree with AngelDaniel, A very transparent white quad sprite system with gradient radial opacity map, all clumped together would be more nice and fluffy i think.

Caff(Posted 2005) [#14]
I think the clouds as they are fit with the trees, ie. chunky and solid. To change them now would give it an inconsistent feel.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#15]
Good work. I will definitely buy this one when you release it. So far, out of all the Blitz games released, your other golf game is the only one I play on a regular basic.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#16]
Started adding the wildlife:

GfK(Posted 2005) [#17]

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#18]
Wowzers, those new shots really look good =cD

skn3(Posted 2005) [#19]
looks great :), you gonna do multiplayer online ? (I think i asked that in irc already)

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#20]
Man! Cool! I can't wait to play this!

Nice GFX! I liked the movie too! I can't wait to play this!

Do you lose points for hitting bunnies? Like give
you bonus points, but since its golf, you lose points?

Caff(Posted 2005) [#21]
I would suggest a "Bunny-for-golf-ball" mode and submit it to the RSPCA and the Daily Mail for some publicity.

GfK(Posted 2005) [#22]
No you have to leave the animals alone.

I leave them alone, and the animal rights people won't set fire to my house. Everyone's a winner. :)

Ruz(Posted 2005) [#23]
looks good.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#24]
Looking good, but why's the rain black?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#25]
Looking good, but why's the rain black?
Because that's the only colour you can actually see it when its moving fast.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#26]
I see. :) Have you tried making the rain drops more elongated? Or even having the droplet texture have a trail of other droplets that alpha away to invisibility - like a fake motion blur effect.