Virtual Blokart at Olympia

Community Forums/Showcase/Virtual Blokart at Olympia

Mark Judd(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi,

If you fancy having a go at sailing a Blokart, come to Olympia in London for the 'Great Outdoor Adventure Show' and try the Virtual Blokart simulator.

The show is on from Friday lunchtime on the 18th of March through to the Sunday night.

The simulator will be running on the Blokart stand all weekend, (two Blokarts linked via multiplayer for head to head racing) so any Blitz coders will be more than welcome to give it a go!

To give you a taste here's a little video (4Mb) of the game in action :-
VirtualBlokart.wmv

Website for the show :-
http://www.outdooradventureshow.com

Website for Blokart :-
http://www.blokart.co.uk

If you can't make it to Olympia, we are doing a similar show at the NEC (Birmingham) a month later, hopefully see you there....

cheers

Funky Frank

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2005) [#2]
This is looking really cool.

How about a demo?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yeah it does look really cool.

Jeroen(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yep, very good work!

Did you use some sort of physics engine for the ... surf thingies?

Mark Judd(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

TGD: Still working on stand alone title (there are two separate projects, the version for use at shows with the dedicated interface, and a 'retail' version), and i believe the publisher will arrange distribution of a demo when they feel the title is near to completion.

Jeroen : Using TOKAMAK and Sweenies excellent wrapper for in game physics.

Just out of interest, does anyone think they may make it to London to have a go ?

Incidentally Blokart are based in New Zealand, perhaps Mark S. could pop around and have a spin in one.....

cheers

Funky Frank

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#6]
Lovely 'handheld' camera effect

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hey Funky,

That is awesome, I remember seeing some earlier work on this project you showed. It really is fantastic now!! I love the amount of small detail you have managed to squeeze in there! Looks like Peranporth Beach with the stack left of centre...(sure it isnt though).

AAA work guys - say well done to your team from me!

IPete2.

Erroneouss(Posted 2005) [#8]
Very cool!
I can't wait to play this!
I love the handheld camera effect too!
Great work!

boomboom(Posted 2005) [#9]
So have you built a virtual blokart for this expo? As in a blokart for the controls, controling the game?

EOF(Posted 2005) [#10]
Looks really fantastic. Certainly commercial quality.
Top marks team.

Mark Judd(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks again for the kind comments...

The handheld camera movement was inspired by a similar view in Richard Burns Rally, liked the way the camera 'rolled' slightly as if the holder was wobbling.

IPete : I guess it could be Cornwall, had a holiday there a couple of years ago, really enjoyed it. Will pass on your comments to the team lol - team of one !

boomboom : Actually use real Blokarts - have designed a device that fits to a 'kart that reads steering input and rope movement - its basically a modified joystick. Seems to work quite well. Only downside is I had to buy a 'gameport to USB' adaptor so that the device will plug into any modern PC.

cheers - hoping to bump into some people at Olympia in ten days time!

Funky Frank