Latest Version Of "The Fairy Tale"

Community Forums/Showcase/Latest Version Of "The Fairy Tale"

Tricky(Posted 2005) [#1]
The Latest Beta-demo of "The Fairy Tale" has been released.
New is that I removed some irrelevant features for more organized gameplay, tons of bugs are fixed and a few of the Graphics have been replaced by the ones that will in the end be in the final version. (Please don't bash the graphics is most of them are still temporary ones).

Right now only the small version (without sound) is available. As soon as some trouble I have with finding a good server is solved the big version with background music and voice acting will be released.

Click here for the demo.

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#2]
how about some screenshots...

GfK(Posted 2005) [#3]
Your download link does not work. Looking at the screenshots and artwork this may be a good thing...

BlitzSupport(Posted 2005) [#4]

Your download link does not work. Looking at the screenshots and artwork this may be a good thing...

(Please don't bash the graphics is most of them are still temporary ones).

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#5]
As I said in the past when I first saw this, I really like the graphics and am looking forward to the final version.

I am heading to bed, but played the demo for a few minutes. I will give it a big tryout tomorrow.

The download link works 100% fine. You just have to read the download instructions.

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#6]
I got a MAV straight after 'the 4 races must come together more than they know'

Tricky(Posted 2005) [#7]
I have the feeling that there really is something wrong with my download server. For your see I see some people complain about the download link not being operational and others who were able to download it, and here from on the computer in my office the links seem down. (While they DID work on my home computer).
I'll try to sort that out.

Looking at the screenshots and artwork this may be a good thing...

Quite surprised to hear that, really. You're the first one who likes my crappy drawing style. :)
But thanks, anyway

how about some screenshots...

Look on the site :)
I have to note that those are old ones and some new screenshots may be coming our way soon. I may post a few new ones once they are available.

As I said in the past when I first saw this, I really like the graphics and am looking forward to the final version.

I am heading to bed, but played the demo for a few minutes. I will give it a big tryout tomorrow.

Glad you find the demo inviting I'll be awaiting your full report

The download link works 100% fine. You just have to read the download instructions.

Some people got a 404 error. But I've stated earlier that I'll try to sort that out.

I got a MAV straight after 'the 4 races must come together more than they know'

A MAV? Oh you mean "Memory Access Violation"?
Strange... But I guess it causes no problem when you press ESCAPE during that introduction, that will take you to the main menu, you see...

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#8]
It also causes a violation when I press ESC

GfK(Posted 2005) [#9]
Quite surprised to hear that, really. You're the first one who likes my crappy drawing style. :)
Erm...... right.......

big10p(Posted 2005) [#10]
lol. Well, your original comment was a bit ambiguous, Gfk. :P

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#11]
I played this quite a bit last night. My thoughts:

1. I really like the intro.
2. Unlike most indie RPGs, this seems to have a very developed storyline and really well written character dialog.
3. I like the graphics.

I think you have done a really good job so far.

aab(Posted 2005) [#12]
Link isnt working for me, but im looking forward to playing the demo (when i can).

I like that its been done with the slight angled back view fight mode (like The old 2d breath of fire games.. there's probably something older than them with that angle i supposse..)

N(Posted 2005) [#13]
Sortof off-topic, sortof on-topic, but this is the original Fairy Tale theme song. I think Tricrokra knows how bad he sounds ;)

But anyways, this song is worth listening to for a cheap laugh. Myself, morduun, Ross, {cYanide}, and Zenith have all mirrored it just in case one of our hosts goes down (since I kindof posted it on #flipcode which may result in some serious bandwidth usage ^_^).

LISTEN. I DARE YOU.
Mirror 1 (mordy)
Mirror 2 (Me)
Mirror 3 (Ross)
Mirror 4 (cY)
Mirror 5 (Zenith)

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#14]
LISTEN. I DARE YOU.
AARRGGHH!! Now I can't get this song out of my head!!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#15]
I can't get that Halo song out of my head.

I walked into band today, dancing around like mad humming that song.

{cYan|de}(Posted 2005) [#16]
that song.......... erm, hahhahaa lol

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#17]
Wow. Just... Wow. More of a nightmare than a fantasy, I think.

nawi(Posted 2005) [#18]
I listen to that song about 10 times a day now. It rocks!

Caff(Posted 2005) [#19]
Very, very disturbing.

Where's the shtart?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#20]
ooooo

Tom(Posted 2005) [#21]
That singing :)

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#22]
Thats him telling Tom to unzip him.

N(Posted 2005) [#23]

Caff(Posted 2005) [#24]
It's so good, I did a drum-n-bass remix of it.

>> The Fairy Junglist-Massive Tale <<

(Apologies if this causes offence)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#25]
caf do a song about blitz lol

Mr. Write Errors Man(Posted 2005) [#26]
Don't be so cheap fellows. While there's certainly good loads of silliness in there (alltogether), such dedication to create fan art is something to give thumbs up for.

Eccentric creativity often borderlines total lack of taste, and even then is a good source of high-quality camp material (as proven). On the contrast, yet another never-to-be-finished FPS "engine" is nothing but major blah.

I'd like to see more of these kind of daring projects.