Glimmer Games Unofficial Launch

Community Forums/Showcase/Glimmer Games Unofficial Launch

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#1]
The official launch is next week, but a little preview to help me iron out any problems.

Anime Bowling Babes and Kick Shot Pool are now both final and released. New demos with new features for both. If anyone is inclined to buy ( you never know ) it's a good time because there are some limited time deals on. ( EG: Anime Bowling Babes is half price when purchased at the same time as Kick Shot Pool )

I'll be accepting applications from affiliates soon too, so if you have a website which gets good traffic and you want to make a minimum of 30% commission on every sale you make, check the affiliates page.

And after all the preamble, the link :

http://www.glimmergames.com

Let me know about any site problems. Initially, it comes out clean in IE, FireFox and Mozilla on Windows and Linux at various resolutions, but I'll try to clean up any problems which may still be there.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
site works perfectly here on opera 7.54. looks nice.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#3]
The Site is well crafted, just like the games.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#4]
Very nice :D
Site works well in Firefox.
I just spent 10 minutes reading about your games...

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#5]
Man, I wish I could do web design like that.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#6]
Looks good man! Everything you need is on that main page. Nice layout too :)

SopiSoft(Posted 2005) [#7]
great website, as well as the games! ;-)

Caff(Posted 2005) [#8]
Looks Nice! I really dig the shiny pool balls.

Just gonna try the demo out :D

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#9]
Sold anything yet?

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#10]
Thanks for the all the positive feedback, guys.

Sold anything yet?

Well it still isn't officially launched yet, but yes, I've sold a couple of copies of Kick Shot Pool and I've had a couple of people ask to be affiliates.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#11]
Neato cabeto.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2005) [#12]
Very nice game!!! Particulary, I like the pool very much, and it's very close to the reality!!
And viva Tokamak!

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#13]
Very nice game!!! Particulary, I like the pool very much, and it's very close to the reality!!

And viva Tokamak!

Well Tokamak doesn't deserve any credit for the pool. I coded all the physics for that myself.

But Bowling Babes uses Tokamak, yeah.

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#14]
The unofficial launch becomes an official launch today. Expect to see either the press release or associated stories.. well, just about everywhere, I hope :P

AdrianT(Posted 2005) [#15]
well done syb, if I had one critisism with that pool game, I don't like the look of the blue and red name tab on the screenshot above. looks a bit soft edged when everything else looks really sharp and hard edged.

Looks like a quick photoshop bevel, with poor antialiasing. Didn't post in Beta as it was in the BLitz3D forums before. Other than that its a GREAT game. used to love the old pool and snooker games. (Any plans for a snooker version as I prefer the slightly more depth in snooker to pool)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#16]
I did consider snooker, but pool is a much more popular sport worldwide than snooker, so pool was the focus. Snooker presents a few more technical challenges than pool, particularly with the AI, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to do. If Pool sells well enough and there are enough requests for snooker, I'll probably do it.

Kuron(Posted 2005) [#17]
is Anime Tennis Babes available for ordering?

Red Ocktober(Posted 2005) [#18]
yes... verrrrry well done, both the games and the web site.

all the best with your enterprise...

--Mike

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#19]
is Anime Tennis Babes available for ordering?

Not officially. If anyone is interested in buying it, just email me and I'll arrange it.

I'm in discussion with another developer who wants to release a new edition of Tennis Babes with graphical and gameplay enhancements.

I decided it would make my life easier to disable it until discussions are concluded one way or another, particularly since it is not yet clear who would be selling the new version. It's still mine to sell as I wish though, and anyone buying now ( as well as all previous owners ) would also be entitled to a free upgrade to the enhanced version, if indeed there will be one.

And thanks Mike.

skidracer(Posted 2005) [#20]
Can you check your server, I've just published your news item but it looks like your web server just crashed?

slenkar(Posted 2005) [#21]
Syb, I answered your question on the NSPRITE forum

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#22]
Can you check your server, I've just published your news item but it looks like your web server just crashed?

I must have made a typo in there somewhere. The site is fine :

http://www.glimmergames.com

EDIT: Thanks, Slenkar. I'll go look.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2005) [#23]
Way to go Sybixsus! Everything looks excellent.