Some UI work I did today!

Community Forums/Showcase/Some UI work I did today!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#1]
hey peeps! ive learned alot today, considering at first i didnt even know how to do 2d in 3d. I now have a functional UI working with functioning buttons, dragable windows and radio buttons. "gadgets" can be parented to other gadgets (thats how the buttons on the window works and hell, even the WINDOW works like that as its title bar is a seperate object to the display area of the window.)

What do you think so far? no downloadables yet but im just off to bed!!!!

[/babble]

It functions a bit like windows where everything has an ID including the desktop, only, its easier to draw on the "desktop" in this ;)

uses textured quads for everything and im creating functions to write to those textures, so you can pretty much put anything on them you want. Also, the buttons work by supplying a 2 frame count and then setting flags before drawing (ui_rectmode=ui_buttonrect and things like that). Of course, as the user you dont need to know this as it is all done within the code itself.

The above screen is produced with the following code (dont run it you need the source ;))

[/babble]

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#2]
nice work :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#3]
Cheers for the comment (wooo, i goT one!! :D)

Clarks(Posted 2005) [#4]
nice work but be more creative

cermit(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think that's pretty creative, it looks okay. A good start on a GUI.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#6]
Note that at the moment what you see is done with the build in blitz commands. ;) that gui runs without any addins or textures or any external files (theyre all optinal) so i like how it looks. Also, that screen was taken after less than 6 hours of work :)

Cheers for the comments :D