streifen - small tool for buidling anistripes

Community Forums/Showcase/streifen - small tool for buidling anistripes

taumel(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello,

yesterday i found some time to do a little tool (streifen .1) for win, with which you can create animationstripes out of several frames.

Glueit didn't do the job for me as it wasn't able to load and save PNGs with the alpha-channel - as exported by 3dmax for instance.

Beware this is NOT an Editing/Animation-Tool. It's just storing pictures in one file. The filesize is somekind of big because it's done with MM-Director.

specs:

- imported formats: png(*),jpg,bmp,tga,swf
- exported formats: png(*),jpg,bmp(*)
- maximum filesize: 4095^2 pixels

(*) alpha is supported

zip contains:

- info.txt
- streifen.exe

streifen_win.zip

Greetings,

taumel

Sarge(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hi i just have to warn you about your program the request from Mark Sibly was for us not to share .EXE files with others only source code.

but it is still a nice very program keep up the good work.

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hi i just have to warn you about your program the request from Mark Sibly was for us not to share .EXE files with others only source code.

From the original posting:

The filesize is somekind of big because it's done with MM-Director

It doesn't look like it's a blitzmax executable, but simple a 3rd party util that could be of use to blitzmax users.

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#4]
It doesn't work for me. Says "filesize exceeding 4095^2 pixels". Doesn't matter if it's bmp or png I get the same error.

taumel(Posted 2005) [#5]
Hello wave,

and it doesn't exceed?

I've updated a little thing (old link). Maybe this solves the problem for you?

Greetings,

taumel

Tibit(Posted 2005) [#6]
Well now it runs and it creates an new image. But this image created has a black preview and when I open it it says it's "not enought memory to finnish the task" (in paint) and in Irfanview "decode error in bmp, invalid or unsupported bmp".

taumel(Posted 2005) [#7]
Hello Wave,

i'm sorry that you are experiencing problems. The tool works like a a charm here on my machine. The xp-picture preview and photoshop open the picturestripes without any problems.

At the moment i don't have time to take a closer look at, but maybe you could tell me what kind of system you are using and send me a serie of pictures with which you are encountering these problems.

Greetings,

taumel

Vectrex(Posted 2005) [#8]
howdy taumel, could you recompile your app with directors cull whitespace option off? I'm having trouble with it 'helping' me and killing whitespace/transparency :) totally kills the grid