Free ball/soccer game with comp AI

Community Forums/Showcase/Free ball/soccer game with comp AI

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is just a little mini game I wipped up, the graphics are simple, its basically 1 on 1, where you control a ball against the computers ball and roll around trying to knock the game ball(which is the largerst ball) in the opponants goal. It has some early computer AI. I think I'm probably going to finish it into a full game(because it won't take very long) with funky levels, and few differnt game modes.

let me know what you think.

http://www.sideways8-games.com/files/Battle_Ball_Engine_v0.1.zip

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Got a screenshot?

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2005) [#3]
it's just simple spheres and cubes, no "graphics" yet, its more of an engine test

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
probably a screenie would help to find some ppl to run it. It usually does even when the gfx are nothing special.

Chaduke(Posted 2005) [#5]
Pretty cool so far, I like games like this. I'm not a big fan of the 2D style view though. What I would do is have the 2D view you've got now on a second camera and have it showing small in one corner of the screen and then on the main camera have a 3rd person view of your player.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#6]
I agree - a screenie WOULD draw people in.

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#7]
I won't download anything that doesn't have a screenshot.. cause I don't know if I'm wasting my time so it's not worth the risk.

+BlackD

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#8]
Fun game, though!

But I always get stuck in the goal on the right, and I can't get out.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2005) [#9]
use the the right shift key, its jump, and for everyone demanding a screen shot, its pointless its a Blitz cube for the ground, and two blitz spheres for the balls.

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#10]
I'm not demanding. But it's always good practice to put up a screenie, for ANYTHING!