Latest Par FORE! pics

Community Forums/Showcase/Latest Par FORE! pics

GfK(Posted 2005) [#1]
New front-end (mostly done with FONText) and now featuring stripy grass and Mario-esque particles.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#2]
I'm not sure about the texture you've used for the rough. It just doesn't seem to sit very well with the other textures...for me at least.

Otherwise, it's looking very nice! :o)

And...How can you have a game without Mario-esque particles. ;o)

wmaass(Posted 2005) [#3]
Looks good GFK. Did you mention before that your cup is a texture on the green? Or is it an actual hole in the geometry?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm not sure about the texture you've used for the rough. It just doesn't seem to sit very well with the other textures
A few people have said that but there hasn't really been many suggestions as to what to do with it.

I took the project over from somebody else and most of the artwork was already done. I can't really do much in the way of artwork myself. Let's just say that adding the stripes exhibits the full extent of my artistic ability.

Did you mention before that your cup is a texture on the green? Or is it an actual hole in the geometry?
Its a quad, aligned to the green.

cermit(Posted 2005) [#5]
Sweet! Hope it will be as fun as Hole-in-One. :D

Yan(Posted 2005) [#6]
I'd say that the rough's texture is just too 'busy' and maybe a bit too dark.
Does that help any?

Hole In One was/is a blast, especially with more that one player! :o)

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#7]
Gfk,

Try making a simpler, new texture with just slightly darker green than the darkest part of the fairway.

IPete2.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#8]
Sorry, I meant to upload this earlier but got sidetracked: rough.png 512x512@~500Kb

Have a play with that, it's nothing fancy, just a five minute faf with filters. At the very least you could use it as a starting point for your own texture, or you could just point and laugh. ;o)

big10p(Posted 2005) [#9]
This is looking fun. I like the marsh mallow clouds and the sylized sun - I see you've resisted any urge to draw a smiley face on it. :P

That top menu pic: is the blurred background being done in realtime or is it just a static image?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#10]
is the blurred background being done in realtime or is it just a static image?
Static image. There are actually four background screens on the front end with some lovely cross-fading. It changes every 20 seconds or so.

Yan(Posted 2005) [#11]
That image no good to you then GfK?

GfK(Posted 2005) [#12]
That image no good to you then GfK?
Haven't had chance to try it yet. Been busy testing and fixing broken stuff today.

On the face of it, it does look a little dark though?

[edit] Just gave it a quick test. This is how dark your texture looks in the game:

po(Posted 2005) [#13]
Cool.
I see a spelling error in the first pic(the menu):
Type new name for player1. then press Enter
"then" should be capital, or use a comma instead of a period, and maybe a period at the end of enter?

Yan(Posted 2005) [#14]
Blimey...Miles too dark!

Try these: rough1.png | rough2.png

If neither of these is any good, then perhaps you could e-mail me the fairway texture, so I can match the shade properly. Feel free to water mark or deface the texture before you send it as I only need the colours.

fredborg(Posted 2005) [#15]
GfK:

It looks like the Brush Color (or Entity Color) of the rough is set to something darkish. It shouldn't look like that with the texture Squating Neville posted.