Screenshot of the RPG I'm developing

Community Forums/Showcase/Screenshot of the RPG I'm developing

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#1]
This is a work in progress screenshot... Still lots to do, but the battle system (which is semi-action-semi-menu-based, and integrated in the rest of the game, so there's no random battles) is finally working.
It looks kind of dark, but that's is because the menu is open - it gets brighter if you close it.

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#2]
That looks like it has been very nicely and carefully built.
Those flowers look like they could use a little work though (maybe even a bit more variety could help) and the trees could be bigger.
Aside from that though, it looks pretty cool!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#3]
I love the graphics. Wasn't another screeny of this posted somewhere in the forums somewhere?

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#4]
Lookin Sweeet!

Dock(Posted 2005) [#5]
Cute graphics! Kinda sparse though, but looks good in general. Will the slime monster have a black outline too?

fall_x(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yup, I know the flowers aren't good enough, the trees are too small, and I will give the monster an outline as well (and possibly replace it, it was modeled in 5 minutes because I wanted to start on the battle mechanics).
Thanks for the comments.

Conan(Posted 2005) [#7]
T
H
I
S

L
O
O
K
S

A
W
E
S
O
M
E
!
!
!

LOL, i like it!

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#8]
Hey fall_x this looks REALLY well-presented, beautifully 'polished' and very clear.

It shows how persistance and effort can show off and I'm sure you've not cut any corners while achieving this so far. Great professional appearance. Good Luck - looking forward to the finished product!

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#9]
Cute graphics.....

Xzider(Posted 2005) [#10]
Looks good!

Lattyware(Posted 2005) [#11]
Nice. It looks good.

Ever played Paper Mario / 2? If it was like that, It'll rock :D I love those game...

Uber Lieutenant(Posted 2005) [#12]
I can't say more than another generic complement indifferent from all the above replies, but it looks like you've put a lot of good work and dedication into it thus far. There are so many newbies that say "I'M GOING TO MAKE AN RPG" and nothing comes of it, even if it's an RPG with graphics no better than Atari 2600 games.

It's always nice to see someone breaking the chain even if the game does truthfully suck. This, however, breaks the chain in flying colors (in 16-bit color. I mean 32-bit is over the top...whatever, just flying colors) from what you've shown off so far. Keep your focus statement in check (if you don't have a focus statement then I assume you're winging it) and don't aim too high so you can get a small RPG complete for self-esteem. Keep it up!

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#13]
You like using abbreviated words in your menu's but I am not familiar with all of them so it makes me confused.

ErikT(Posted 2005) [#14]
Looks nice but very bleached. Use more saturation, RPG's like this need vibrant colours.

Zenith(Posted 2005) [#15]
Angel, anyone who plays RPG's knows what they mean.

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#16]
Attack, Item, Equip, Switch, Magic and Status.....

um....

which of these is an abbreviation then? (except perhaps Equip - maybe......)

Are you supposed to know all the ins-&-outs of a game just from one screenshot? I must be so untalented then :(

skn3(Posted 2005) [#17]
Looks interesting, personally I would ditch the cellshading.