Indiepath - Asteroids -

Community Forums/Showcase/Indiepath - Asteroids -

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm talking about the Indiepath Asteroids game featured on the homepage.

Thanks for creating and sharing such a superb clone, and giving it away for FREE too!

From the sound effects, the movement and the look and feel, down to the old, worn out screen, faded black/grey background and the burned in text (just like in the old arcade game where bright text burned into the crt) - genius!!!

Is there a hyperspace button or did that come later ? I must go and read the readme!

DOWNLOAD this now, it is brilliant! (go here):

http://www.indiepath.com/

IPete2.

JoeRetro(Posted 2005) [#2]
Sweet!!

It is simply Brilliant!

Fantastic job guys!

Caff(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yes it is an awesome remake - plays really well, and it's free too! Fantastic, thanks :D

You should submit this to PC Zone magazine (UK) who are doing a new 'free play' feature - you could get a *lot* of publicity from this!

In the meantime I shall happily play it in the odd 5 minutes here and there!

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#4]
Excellent remake:)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks people, feedback like this makes it worth every second I spent on it.

There is no hyperspace button since I opted for the shield instead. If you want hyperspace then I can do that for you :) Let me know... Tim.

And Caff I will take your advice on that PC magazine thing

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#6]
Uploaded a new version with Hyperspace added. Press "SPACE" for Hyperspace :)

gameproducer(Posted 2005) [#7]
My my :)

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#8]
Really nice. It's true what they say. The old ones are the best ones.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#9]
Anyone had any problems when using a Joystick ?

wizzlefish(Posted 2005) [#10]
How do you, you know, PLAY it? I get to the screen where it says "One coin one play," but I don't have any coins. :(

Gabriel(Posted 2005) [#11]
How do you, you know, PLAY it? I get to the screen where it says "One coin one play," but I don't have any coins. :(

Press 1 ;)

SabataRH(Posted 2005) [#12]
I agree with this thread totaly.. I found this remake very inthralling. Everything looked, sounded and played authentic.

It was a joy to relive the days when video games were making their presence known...

Congrats to Indiepath on a very clean and enjoyable retro-remake.. ( this one i've moved to CD for safe keeping :) )

EOF(Posted 2005) [#13]
yes .. really sweet. polished remake.
can't fault the remake. 2 thumbs up.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#14]
:)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#15]
Now has background atmospheric sounds...

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#16]
Due to the massive popularity of this remake we have given it it's own site and domain. www.asteroids.indiepath.com

We have also released a new version with on-line scoreing, additional gameplay, new weapons and realtime glow effects.

Pop on over and download today.

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#17]
so its not a "FREE GAME", its a "FREE DOWNLOAD"????

with thirty seconds of gameplay before the game cuts out????

or am I doing it wrong???

Réno(Posted 2005) [#18]
30 seconds are not enought... :(

Well, I want to say that I really like this game ! You have done a very good job with the sounds effects ( very good the atmospheric arcade gaming ). But with your last version, there is no game pad support ??

I played a lot this game on the original Vectrex, called ( I think ) "Mine storm". I should be cool if you can had shadow effect when the sprites are moving. I think the game run in 16bit, it could be better to have a 32bit image background for more "polished" grey/black bakground. And what about put an option to let the game run syncing the monitor refresh rate for more smoth ?

Well, I will search if can can find a Vectrex, I want to play it now...

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#19]
There was a "FREE" version of this game, and indeed over 4000 people downloaded it within the last 14 days. You can still get the free version on the majority of the shareware sites.

@Reno : OKay I give in, you now have 60 Seconds to play. Also VWAit is implemented as standard..

keyboard(Posted 2005) [#20]
its pretty, I will say that. Good job on the look. I was just a little disappointed that I only got thirty seconds...

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#21]
You've now got 60 seconds :)

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#22]
Names have been changed for various legal reasons.

Now at www.centaur.indiepath.com