Bob The Blob 2: Bob Strikes Back

Community Forums/Showcase/Bob The Blob 2: Bob Strikes Back

po(Posted 2005) [#1]

A sequal to my Bob The Blob game. It's pretty simple, you just
collect apples and avoid spike-stars\flames and collect yin-yangs for bonus points. Read the Readme for controls and tips. I've added a high score thing and some challenging things. There are 10 levels, each one harder then the next.
The title doesn't really mean anything because Bob isn't striking back at anyone, really.
Download it at my site(in sig.)

BlackD(Posted 2005) [#2]
Which blob is bob? :o

Caff(Posted 2005) [#3]
Fun! And looks simple but clean, no clutter. Like the sound fx (are they borrowed from llamatron? :) )

Found some bugs -

First time I played I spawned on top of a mine and died straight away. Also sometimes the apples spawn on top of mines which makes them impossible to get.

Thirdly it would be good to have a guide (in the game) to say what each thing does - e.g. what stuff you can collect, what gives you a bonus etc. Maybe put this on the start screen.

I liked the way the background scrolled on level 2!

po(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks, and I got the sound fx from the samples that came with B3D(they are royalty free, right?.) :)
Hmmm... I should make it so bob is invulnerable for 3 seconds when you start each level.
There is some stuff in the Readme that might help with what to collect, but I should make an in-game guide I guess.

Which blob is bob? :o

The one thats blue, and the one thats not a flame. :)