Squidgy v1.0.4

Community Forums/Showcase/Squidgy v1.0.4

Mr Brine(Posted 2005) [#1]
More bugs fixes and the like, biggest bug fix is the one MrSak reported a couple of posts below this one (squidgy v1.0.3) which caused squidgy to fall flat on its arse. So thanks MrSak. Im pretty certain now that their aint no evil bugs that'll cause squidgy to crash. But if anybody finds any bugs (evil or otherwise) please report them, as my aim is to make squidgy as stable as possible!

If youve got squidgy v1.0.3 on your computer and your feeling funky, then get down and boogie by clicking the about menu then clicking check for updates and feel them grooves!

So whats next for squidgy? Well ive been working towards v1.1.0, the biggest new feature of v1.1.0 is the introduction of a grid to the editor window, this will make drawing/resizing objects considerably easier. Ive got it working independent of squidgy, its just a matter of intergrating this into squidgy.

v1.2.0 I plan to seperate the code template (used when generating code) from the executable, and generally expand the whole code creation process, allowing end users to create their own code templates. If anybodys got any suggestions then they should post em below or email them to me.

Those are the 2 biggest things, but other things I plan to introduce in the near(ish) future are:

- Savable preferences
- user definable default data for each gui object type
- ability to generate event code
- multi language support (if anybodies bilingual and would be willing to translate for free then please get in touch)
- hotkey support

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#2]
ive been awfully busy with school, i will now download 0.4 and start on a project, ill report any bugs of course :D

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#3]
with my experience with blitzplus, with labels, wouldnt the position 0,0 for a label, be top left of the usualable part of the window, not titlebar.

in squidgy, i found the y position is incorrect (or I think), 0 being the top of the titlebar

hope that made sense

Mr Brine(Posted 2005) [#4]
Hi MrSAK

Im not totally sure what youre getting at here? I tried creating a few labels in parent objects and everything seemed work as I'd expect it to.

Im gonna make a wild guess that youre not using squidgy properly (sorry its an undocumented feature): down the right hand side of squidgy their are 4 objects, a property editor and 3 treeviews, the second tree view from the top (parent objects) lets you select the current parent object by clicking on a treeview node. Their are 2 ways to determin the currently selected parent object.

1) The 'parent objects' treeview selected node tells you which object is the current parent

or

2) The current parent object background color is blue in the editor window (left side hand side of squidgy window)

Im gonna make a guess youre drawing on to the desktop() object. If this is the case then please let us know, if this isnt the case any chance you could email me a save file of the offending bug?? If the above doesnt make sense then let us know and I'll try rephrasing it

Thanks Man

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#5]
I figuered it out, I didnt select a parent :P

Regular K(Posted 2005) [#6]
I think I found an error.

I made 2 windows in one tab, now I added 2 panels to the second window. I put a radio in the first panel, I made a radio button in that panel but! If I try to change the name it keeps coming "Load a squidgy data file" or it just goes back to "Radio"!!!

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#7]
Any link to Squidgy?