My first game.

Community Forums/Showcase/My first game.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#1]
http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/Development/games/Pinvaders/Pocket%20Invaders.zip

My first we thing in Max, hope ya like it although it nothin big, just thought id show what ma first try with max made.

Still got a few things to add to this but once its done Im gona add the full source and media to the archives. hope it helps some one.

Oh yeah, whats BRL's position on people releaseing Binary stuff from win32 beta, I mean could I have put the EXE in the above zip for ppl without max to try ? or is that not allowed ?

[edit] Updated the download.

Added some particles and some better aliens.

FoRcE(Posted 2005) [#2]
"Oh yeah, whats BRL's position on people releaseing Binary stuff from win32 beta"

Read the post that you got the beta from.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#3]
yeah I guess I should read it. lol when I had it open i was only looking for one word (download)

Now I got it though I guess I should go have a look.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#4]
Yes. It's not the first time you asked a question that was covered in that post ;]

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#5]
lol yeah read it now.

I dont really get all the mingW stuff though, cant seem towork out where the env filepath stuff is meant to go.

Bot Builder(Posted 2005) [#6]
Yavin, see the MingW section of my modules tutorial :)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#7]
ta bot

EOF(Posted 2005) [#8]
Nice little game Yavin.

Why not make this the first BlitzMax community project?
Good enough game to start with.

I've added a few basic sound effects, a background, and modified the collison code to a quicker 'imagesoverlap' routine.
Plus tweaked a few bits here and there. See what you think:

DOWNLOAD HERE

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#9]
Well, considering that I just beat the first 30 levels or so simply by staying in one spot while holding the 'up' arrow pressed, it probably needs a little bit more work. :-)

Also, two minor glitches: on my system, the top row of the text does not appear, it's cut off. For example, the top bar of the '7' in level 7 does not appear at all, only the vertical part does.

Secondly, after level 10 the level numbers goes back to level 1, although the speeds do continue to increase.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#10]
Also, two minor glitches: on my system, the top row of the text does not appear, it's cut off. For example, the top bar of the '7' in level 7 does not appear at all, only the vertical part does.

Interesting. There is a discrepancy between the windowed and full screen modes currently (windowed mode bug), chances are Yavin coded this in Windowed mode (well the screenshot above looks that way:) and you are playing in fullscreen?

Or vice versa.

Yavin, just in case you don't already know, code your apps using full screen mode, as windowed mode positioning is not quite right yet.

EOF(Posted 2005) [#11]
xlsior,
From yavins code:
	Todo List.
		* Add Alien on Player Collisions.
		* Add Alien Bullets.
		* Add Player on Alien Bullet collisons
		* Add Player Death & Game over.
		* Add Menu
		* Add Online Score ?

xlsior(Posted 2005) [#12]
xlsior, From yavins code:

Oops.

Guess I just pulled a Yavin, posting before reading. ;-)