TransVersion EX

Community Forums/Showcase/TransVersion EX

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2004) [#1]
As BlitzCoder's showcase system keeps deleting my entry, I will put this here for people to see, and hopefully enjoy.

My latest game is out as of several weeks ago, but there is an updated version as of a couple of days ago. lol

TransVersion EX is a trippy collect-em-up where you have to grab all the 80s retro items off the screen while avoiding being shot and going for the highest points multipliers and also trying to attain survival bonuses and dropzone bonuses.

Give it a go, its under a meg and I've had a lot of positive comments about it - including getting a post from the author of the original Spectrum version on my forum, which I was dead chuffed with.

If you plan to try and get on the online scoreboard, you have your work cut out for you, and should not be attempted by those of a nervous disposition.

Watch out for level 8 and level 10 as they are the ones that people seem to have the most trouble with.

There are 20 levels, and after that they loop and the game gets faster, but also each item collected earns you more points.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. :)

It's on my site, goto the projects section. Cheers.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#2]
Any chance of some screenies? They always pull in more punters. The one's on your website are too small to see what's going on.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2004) [#3]
Pics of the game don't do it justice I don't think. :)

Its a grid with a moving lasar cannon on each edge, and you trying to collect everythign without getting shot.

Sounds a bit dull maybe? It plays quite nice though, so I'm told.

How do you put pics in a post anyway, is it the (IMG) tag?

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#4]
Just type the URL.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ok here is one in honour on big10p's sig pic....

An old pic, but it does the job I guess. :)

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's a great game TCK. For such a simple concept it works so well :)

big10p(Posted 2004) [#7]
Ok here is one in honour on big10p's sig pic....

See, now I'm intrigued. ;) I think I'll check it out...

P.S. The reason I suggested posting a screenie is that I only have a crappy dialup connection and so very rarely DL games/demos. I need some eye candy to convice me the wait is going to be worth it. :)

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2004) [#8]
The pic is 100k though ;) The game is under a meg.

I hope you will come back and let me know what you think.

I have just reset the online highscore board cause someone admitted to cheating with an old version of the game and poking extra lives into memory... naughty naughty.

So it's all to play for at the minute. ;)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#9]
I like the game idea.

and good execution of said idea. nice job m8.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#10]
Looks good.

The Caffeine Kid(Posted 2005) [#11]
Cheers guys. :)

big10p(Posted 2005) [#12]
The pic is 100k though ;) The game is under a meg.

Point taken - I said that before checking out the size of the dl. Most demos around here are usually several megs. :)

Anyway, I've not seen the original but liked your version quite a bit. Nice, simple idea with simple controls makes for pretty addictive gameplay. Just one more go! Don't expect to see me on the hi-score table, though - I suck! :)