Tangent Gems

Community Forums/Showcase/Tangent Gems

starfox(Posted 2004) [#1]

Tangent Gems is a fun, addictive action/puzzle game in which you guide a squirrel around colorful worlds collecting precious diamonds.
Through your adventure, you will explore mind-boggling puzzles that uses your mind and your reflex.

Also please tell me what you think of it, I would love to here your suggestion and comments.

Download Here

Thanks!

Last edited 2012

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#2]
Very nice -- simple but clever gameplay going on there! I'm too slow to get very far in this sort of thing though...

I would only suggest letting the player click the jump button to dismiss the dialog box when you die, instead of having to grab the mouse and click.

starfox(Posted 2004) [#3]
yeah, you can do both;)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#4]
Hey dude! nice work!!!! i like the menu music ;) hehe

This is great fun.

If you need the music doing for the rest of the game i dont mind helping you out... :)

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Didn't like it tbh.

I found the controls to have a very unresponsive feel. The game itself was repetitive and frustrating. Also, the front-end felt a bit disjointed (see BlitzSupport's comments).

I'd rethink the $20 price tag, also. I'd suggest half that, given its current state.

Overall, it gives a feeling of "is that it?".

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#6]
I dont agree with GfK. the only thing i think could be improved is 1) everytime you die, dont keep repoping the help thingy up and 2)maybe double the framerate but keep the gameplay the same speed (i know it can do faster ;))

You guys need to play sonic more ;)

starfox(Posted 2004) [#7]
lol,

Gfk, how was the game frustrating, and how did it feel repetitive?

GfK(Posted 2004) [#8]
Its frustrating because the controls seem very unresponsive and it feels like its running at about 10FPS.

It feels repetitive because... well... there's no variety. Collect gems... collect gems... now what... oh I see... collect more gems. The feeling of "I'm not getting anywhere" made me uninstall it after five minutes and did not encourage me to buy it.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#9]
This looks like the Sonic minigame from the Sonic the Hedgehog Games