Blocks! for Mac avaible now

Community Forums/Showcase/Blocks! for Mac avaible now

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi Blitzers,

finally completet my first game written in Blitz Max and my first game written for the Mac. (Windows version is compiled, too but I'll have to wait for the compiler to be released, before I upload it)

Blocks! is the sequel to Block Out!, I released for Windows a year ago. It's a nice litte addictive puzzle game (what else ;)).

The goal is to erase as many blocks as possible from the board. You can erase blocks with same color in vertical and/or horizontal row (at least two of the same). Use the questionmark jokers to recolor some blocks around them.

Blocks! offers two game modes (classic and nick of time (against the clock)), different blockstyles and backgrounds, a funky main title, sounds and two highscores for the two game modes.

Try it, it is real fun... and of course free!

Link: (Mac Version approx. 6,5 MB)
http://www.moon-software.de/files/Blocks.sit

Warren(Posted 2004) [#2]
Cool! Congrats on getting something done so quickly!

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#3]

BTW there seems to be some kind of pathproblem, if you try to start the game directly out of the dmg folder. Try to create a "blocks" folder under Applications and copy everything from the dmg to this folder.

Have to check if the problem can be solved, if I pack it as .sit.

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#4]
Okay, changed the uploaded file to a .sit package. Should work now. Hope you enjoy it. :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#5]
grats with the finished game :) looks nice!

flying willy(Posted 2004) [#6]
What was it about blitzmax that you felt helped you make/port the game?

And what improvements have arisen as a result?

robleong(Posted 2004) [#7]
>You can erase blocks with same color in vertical and/or horizontal row

You mean with same Greek letter, rather than color? The blocks all look the same color to me, from your screenshot. In fact, it will be more playable if you could color the blocks so that each letter has a particular color.

Anyway, well done - this must be the first full BlitzMax game! :)

Steve Elliott(Posted 2004) [#8]
Damn! I thought I'd get the first BlitxMax game up and running - well done!

robleong(Posted 2004) [#9]
You could still be the first for the PC, Steve! ;)

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks for your nice coments. :)

@robleong Yes, you're right, in the screenshot case you have to erase blocks with the same letters on. This is only one of the different blocksets and the most difficult one, as I think. You can choose to have only coloured blocks (classic) in the options, if you like it that way better.

matt!(Posted 2004) [#11]
Does my Wire Hang Redux not count? Released on launch day/weekend.

MRaven(Posted 2004) [#12]
Good that I never claimed for myself to be the first. :)