FREE GAME

Community Forums/Showcase/FREE GAME

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, Merry Christmas!

www.smartscreenuk.com/snowball_scramble.exe

Download is only 2.4MB - registration is via 400k e-mailed self install file. Fully functional demo with a 15 seconds 'nag' screen each play (oh and no personalisation yet). Comes with full install/uninstall/ readme.txt and in game instructions.

It is called 'Snowball Scramble' because you take the role of a snowball, collecting and delivering parcels, 3 modes of game play, Team, Relay, Time trial.

The idea is, download the demo and try it. If you like it, please buy it. If you want it personalising then send me upto 8 names and if you want to, upto 8 pictures to go with the names.

The game is a simple, Christmassy arcade action fun fest.

Features:
a single or two player game option (split screen)
8 fun characters to choose from
voice
sound fx
music
particle fx
keyboard and joypad control
your character's best/highest scores are saved

It may look simple but it is a lot of fun, especially with two players (as shown in the bottom screenie).

The game can also be personalised so you can have your friends names and/or pictures actually placed into the registered version of the game, should you wish, or you can choose to just get the fully registered version with no personalisation ('nag' screen removed) .

So far it has run on Windows '98, ME, XP and a variety of machines with decent graphics cards in them.

Now here is the deal. The demo is free and only has a 15 second pause 'nag' screen in it. I would like to earn £5.00 plus VAT, (the total is £5.88 inc VAT) for each one I get registered (i.e. an e-mail or letter from you with PAY PAL/cheque or whatever). There is a PAY PAL buy now button here.

www.smartscreenuk.com/smartscreen_home_2004.htm

I will e-mail back the necessary file to unlock the 'nag' screen and personalise it with your family or friend's details in it, should you wish. You can then distribute the game as you wish to ALL your friends and family.

Every game will have "This game was personalised for: your name goes here" in it so I need at least one name.

A great Christmas gift I think!

To REGISTER the game or find out any other information please contact me here: peter@...

Let me know what you guys think!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

IPete2.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice music :)

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2004) [#3]
Fun little game!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#4]
Glad you liked it...

DH(Posted 2004) [#5]
The 'nag' screen is annoying.. Please put some sort of animation or such in it so that you know your computer hasn't frozen up..

Other then that, the game is nice!

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#6]
This little game is really cool, nice work IPete2 :D

It had me smiling like a Cheshire cat ;)

I was going to offer you this... http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=27987
...but I think you've already seen it once, oh well.

Have a great Christmas m8!

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#7]
Thanks VIP3R,

Yes thanks, I think I must have from the comments, is that a while back now?

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#8]
Merry Christmas to all!

767pilot(Posted 2005) [#9]
yeah can you remove the nag screen please

lol :)

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#10]
*UPDATE*

Well, I can't retire off the proceeds just yet!

But at least I sold a couple of copies of the game - and I have had hundreds of downloads off www.download.com

I will address the nag screen for this years release - ensuring that people don't meet it on first play and re-release it at a more appropriate time before Christmas this year. By the time it got on www.download.com it was Christmas day!

Thanks to those who gave comments...hmm I may do a seaonal variation in a couple of months! Ha ha ha - watch out for that!

IPete2.

IPete2(Posted 2005) [#11]
*UPDATE*

Well, I can't retire off the proceeds just yet!

But at least I sold a couple of copies of the game - and I have had hundreds of downloads off www.download.com

I will address the nag screen for this years release - ensuring that people don't meet it on first play and re-release it at a more appropriate time before Christmas this year. By the time it got on www.download.com it was Christmas day!

Thanks to those who gave comments...hmm I may do a seaonal variation in a couple of months! Ha ha ha - watch out for that!

IPete2.