Radial Blur Demo - Update

Community Forums/Showcase/Radial Blur Demo - Update

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#1]

Radial Blur FX.
This version is faster and VERY SMOOTH! The version included in the release was bug'ed. For those who have not seen this its a realtime Radial Blur Demo with music.

Get it here: (source + media, no exe)
http://members.getgoin.net/~vidiot/Radial_Blur_Demo.zip

L8r,

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#2]
Agian...

Use this copy and not the one included in the BMAX (beata samples too) samples. It's and old version.

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#3]
-

VIP3R(Posted 2004) [#4]
The Radial demo is really cool!

I like the music too, trippy *_*

Good work Richard :)

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#5]
Its quite a nice demo. Certainly shows off Bmax well.

puki(Posted 2004) [#6]
As with "VIP3R", I kind of find the music sort of hypnotic (it's one of the particular sounds in it) - 'Look what I found in the garden....' - hmm - Magic Mushrooms?.

Sheep-it up!

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#7]
Magic Mushrooms?

LOL... the jigs up:)

I'm glad the music is getting a ding. I'll be posting this and other music on my new site (as soon as I finish it) for free non comercial use.

Look for this site to be up in the next few days - www.redeyeware.com

Thanks!

Grisu(Posted 2004) [#8]
Magic Trevour, cause he's so clever... :P

TOP stuff, thanks for sharing Richard...

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#9]
it dont work for me.

it compiles ok by the looks of things but when it runs, its looks like its about to work the window comes up and then it just closes.

So I dont actually get to see anything. ???

Win32 Beta.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2005) [#10]
Ignore that, the computer I'm using atm dont have a sound card, I didnt notice you had a playsound in there so it just crashed out all the time.

comment out the play sound call if your in the same boat as me and it will/should run fine.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted 2005) [#11]
It didn't compile here.

Compiling:radialblur_09a.bmx
Linking:radialblur_09a
ld: /Users/triskana/Desktop/Radial_Blur_Demo/include/.bmx/radialblur.bmx.o bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
Build Error: Failed to link /Users/triskana/Desktop/Radial_Blur_Demo/radialblur_09a.app/Contents/MacOS/radialblur_09a

Richard Betson(Posted 2005) [#12]
This be a problem with bigendian/littleendian. Try adding LittleEndian (I think it's littleendian on Mac) to the loadimage()/loadsound() stuff.

L8r,

flying willy(Posted 2005) [#13]
why can't big and littleendian be automatic? any good reason why not?

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#14]
It is automatic, just not in the way that you're thinking =] PPCs (Mac) store data in bigendian style and x86s (Windows/Linux) store data in littleendian style.

So if the code works on x86 but not Mac, you need to specify littleendian on Mac. Really, if you're going to interpret data via files you need to specify what byte order you're reading in every time, for platform compatibility purposes.

It does make sense to 'automatically' read bytes in the order the processor is used to by default, but people need to be made more aware of it, like most of the omissions in the docs, I guess.

Richard Betson(Posted 2005) [#15]
I updated this to work with the latest version of BMAX. Use link at top.

L8r,