Morph City : per vertex Morph demonstration

Community Forums/Showcase/Morph City : per vertex Morph demonstration

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#1]
Please do not blame me if this program is not a "demo maker" style demo, that is not the goal of this demo.

I've programmed a cool way to Morph characters using a per vertex morphing technics. This demo shows a short sample, in a thunder raining environmnent in a dark city.

You can find the source code in the Blitz Programming section of this forum!

Numerous codes found in the Code archive are used, such as the Rain sample, the Lightning sample, Hitman style lightning sample, and Ghent for the Metaballs.

Thanks for all the coders to share their source code (I've listed them in the credits), I hope they will like the way I've integrated them in this simple demo!

warning : this demo uses 128 Mb of VRAm . If you have an old Video card, please check de demo and source code here http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41377, it uses less than 64mb of VRAM

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
Any download link to it? I see one on your site, but i really can't be bothered signing up to another site... Looks really nice :o)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thanks for sharing the code. Looks nice, tho the willy is probably kind of adult content. Vertex Morphing is a cool thing. Especially when they morph quickly.

What I really needed is an app that would equalize the number of vertices of two diffrent meshes, or let's say a morphing code that is not dependent on two meshes with the same number of vertices, so the vertices would morph on a space cluster base.

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#4]
there was once ago...But I can't remember the name....totally different meshes...opengl based...can't remember,....but will keep trying...

Bob3d(Posted 2004) [#5]
brain memory is an strange thing.

remembered one word "volmorph"

bang! google did the rest in seconds.

oogl and vrml ouput possible, I think.

Haven't tested, neither if code is provided.

May wortha look.

http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~gmt11/software/volmorph/volmorph.html#_wmh3_921591854

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
looks pretty good, tho:
>>VolMorph has been compiled for several environments. If none of the binary executables below are suitable for your platform, please e-mail me - it may well be possible to compile the software for your platform.<<

Sounds like he don't want to give the source out of his hands. Anyway, I guess it wouldn't be that complicated. Especially if it's two high poly meshes, simply check for rasterized 3D locations and morph it this way. As far as I see the examples on that page are using high poly meshes too.

It may be dificult to du this with low poly stuff since you would need to calculate the end location of tweened vertices by using brezier curves between known end locations of existing vertices or something.

Ah, wait a minute, i just read the guy is retriangulating both meshes based on a 40*40*40 clusters raster.