New idea for a communuity project

Community Forums/Showcase/New idea for a communuity project

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#1]
I wanted to work on Alien Breed, but now that it is 3D, and I don't have 3D, I can't work on it. I had this idea for a game, Asteroid Evader, where it starts out with you as a rookie pilot and you have to advance through the levels and get promotions. You can also go to the store to buy more ships, buy weapons, buy armors, and other junk. I started making it last night, but fell asleep on my laptop. What I got done is at http://www.freewebs.com/clownhunter/astroidevader.zip There are still many errors that I haven't fixed yet, like I need to change a couple keydowns to keyhits. Please tell me if you'd like to join this project.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Invalid archive and only 5k.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#3]
post some screenshots and get a bit farther - like the basic frame of the first level, and I'll see about it.

clownhunter(Posted 2004) [#4]
I tried to get a screen, but B+ because you can't get a screen shot. It then tried it in B2D, but it said images don't exist. I should do another upload soon though. Just download it anyways. It's pretty good now.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
ZIP file is still corrupt.... and you spelt "Asteroid" wrong...

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#6]
clownhunter got banned?
what did he do to deserve it?
other than what he called eikon at bc.com, but that wouldnt make them boot him here.....

po(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hooray!

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#8]
what did he do to anyone?

N(Posted 2004) [#9]
About freakin' time.

theduck: He pissed everyone off.

Amon_old(Posted 2004) [#10]
what did he do to anyone?

Clown Hunter started a thread whith the sole purpose of telling jokes about dead babies. His first joke was enough to get him banned. Hes that much of an idiot let me tell you and i'm glad hes gone.

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#11]
>Clown Hunter started a thread whith the sole purpose of telling jokes about dead babies. His first joke was enough to get him banned. Hes that much of an idiot let me tell you and i'm glad hes gone.

ahhh... even a thread name like that should get someone banned. thats just wrong. and also on blitzcoder.com he called eikon a <beep!>...... what was he? 11? i would get killed if i said that... my parents would rip me to shreds!