Cygnus RetroSound

Community Forums/Showcase/Cygnus RetroSound

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#1]
I put the current version up in the code archives over
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1201

Its not documented other than whats on the page, it includes a demo thats enough to get you started :)

Hope you all enjoy!....Enjoy all its sourcey pleasures :P

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice! You might like to know this sort of thing will be much easier in Blitz Max, because you won't have to save the sounds to disk before playing (at last)!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#3]
Great, but how hard would it be to convert it to max? This has LFO's and Envelopes n stuff in it.. those were the challenge.. it takes nothing to write a header and a wav file.. then load it in realy..

Much more clean if i didnt have to of course!

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#4]
I don't think it'll be a major job as far as the actual algorithms go (I assume they'll stay pretty much the same) -- you'd just have to write to sound objects instead of files.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#5]
neato. i cant wait to play around

You guys seem to be talking about it more these days- you about to pop it in front of us or sumet??? ;)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#6]
Well, Mac'll be out first, but that isn't far off now.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#7]
ooOOOooohhhhhhh....

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#8]
Just so you know peeps, il be working on the "higher level" layer (i like to call it layer 2) of this soon- thats the part that uses these basic commands and the available data to give you position data and things- so you can willy-nilly rewind through it backwards,forwards and such. Kinda expected a bit more feedback/comments than this TBH :/