FTE progress

Community Forums/Showcase/FTE progress

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all.

Got some time to update FTE (demo on website will be updated soon).

You can now manipulate the tree per leaf. move rotate each leaf, choose texture.. also choose each leaf shape from premade shapefiles. or make your own shapefiles.

this shot shows a simple fantasy style apple tree

http://www.economicsoftsol.com/ftepro.jpg?

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#2]
demo.
please read the help file for info on using it
http://www.economicsoftsol.com/ftepro_demo.zip

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
What's the F stand for? Apparantly not 'free,' like FLE. Too bad.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#4]
what does the free in freelance stand for jhocking, btw? :)

This looks nice overall, though I suggest you up the texture resolution in your shots. It has a old gen feel to it, and the textures are the only real thing that stick out as the cause.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#5]
in FTE it stands for Fantastic. But one thing that I really think is kind of sucking is that I have seen FLE on your page with a pay pal link, although this was an open source project and I helped you writing code, spend several hours, now what's up, is FLE still free and open source, or did you completely misunderstand the philosophy (and law) of open source?

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#6]
@jfk
FLE for sale is not the same as i started ..the source that was here is still free to any who wants it.. i just dont post it anymore.. and there is still a freee version of fle here in the toolbox section. and your useful contibutions were minimal.

I started it and you tagged along. if you would like to flame me for fle, please start a thread for it so this one may stay on topic.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
I don't want to open a Anti-FLE Thread of course, but this isn't THAT off topic. Why didn't you simply name it "FLE Pro" and offer both on your page to prevent such questions. Nuff said.

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#8]
i will try to correct that. i dont do the website myself, so it may take a day to have it the changes on the site.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
Don't worry, not really a problem.

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#10]
ok few changes in the new version.. wich isnt on the web site yet..
First you can select each leaf by iterating through them instead of clicking
on them. The leaf gets highlighted, and all other functions will work on
the selected leaf.

You can copy a leaf.. so once you choose a shape, scale it, rotate it to the
angles you want.. you can make a duplicate so you dont have to repeat
that whole proccess.

ill post the new demo and update registered users just as soon as i finish
the random tree function. wich should let you make neat and unique
trees with 1 click.

anyway.. heres a recent shot that shows the changes in gui.

N(Posted 2004) [#11]
Looks decent, leaf textures are lacking though.

Company [Owners/Founders/Management]

Jeff Frazier - Economic Software Solutions. Owner.

Facts

Jeff has a degree in Computer Science

Off-topic, but does anyone else find the statement "Jeff has a degree in Computer Science" funny? Just the way it's presented cracks me up, for some reason...

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#12]
another shot with more realistic textures

N(Posted 2004) [#13]
Now that looks much better.

In fact, that looks really good.

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#14]
one more. its my bed time.. ill work on more textures and get a better tex pack included with FTE tomorrow.

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#15]
new demo now up.
www.economicsoftsol.com/ftepro_demo.zip

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#16]
RifRaf, you really ARE a machine. :)

Keep it up!

SideBurn(Posted 2004) [#17]
i love that icon, its really nice, what does every1 else think to it? the fte 1:P

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#18]
a little off topic, but it was talked about above.

the regular version of FLE is being put up for dowload on my website (for free, duh) and the Pro vesion is being pulled until I can make enough visual, and functional differences that there would be no room for complaint,
(the message above on this thread just to note was the only complaint that i had gotten.)

Wich should not be long. I have some pretty big plans for it. Right now it has dropper, colormap and heightmap exporting for blitz terrains, and a few other small differnces, and exporting options.