Candy Store - An Alternative Particle Candy Editor

Community Forums/Showcase/Candy Store - An Alternative Particle Candy Editor

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi Guys,

Ive finally got around to nearly completing my Particle Candy Editor. I think its are a stage where hopefully some of you might be interested.

You can download the Beta version at... (I just hope I have packed everything!)

Candy Store Beta (3.9MB)
http://www.urbaninteractive.net/CandyStore.exe

In the directory that you install to you should find a draft manual (far from complete)which should at least get you started. Also there are a particle examples folder.

Cheers,

Andrew

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hey, cool! Looks ace. Have to try this next weekend or something... (I have ParticleCandy licence).

IPete2(Posted 2004) [#3]
Andrew,

Wow great product with a very nice GUI!

I have had a quick look at this and as far as I can tell its very nice indeed. You need to let Mike Dogan at Particle Candy when you have finished it, I think he will promote it on his web site because it is based around Particle Candy.

Excellent work dude!

IPete2.

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks for the comments! Mike has been helping me a lot with this. He has added several new functions over the past few weeks which I needed to make the editor work (e.g. changing image banks on the fly, unattaching trails etc).

I have several other plans for the editor including an image bank compiler.

Cheers,

Andrew

Red(Posted 2004) [#5]
oh a competitor :)

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#6]
Very nicely done.

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#7]
LOL @ Ed. I was looking forward to yours, but decided to write my own while waiting.

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks good.

.rIKmAN.(Posted 2004) [#9]
Is this going to be free (crosses fingers) ?

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#10]
MUCH better GUI than the other Particle Candy editor thingie out there. Props.

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#11]
Very nice, I would like to include .csp support in my world editor.

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#12]
@ CopperCirle - Thanks for the support. Please check your email.

@ rIKmAN - Well Ive been thinkng about this a lot. It has taken a lot of effort to write and debug, and I appreciate that there is already a free editor out there. Im still thinking about it, but I think I will charge a very small charge (around $10) just to cover my hosting charges etc.

The program as it is ready for release. I have coded the export routine, and I just need to finish the manual.

Later updates(which will be free of course) will have an imagebank compiler and lots of little features I have been thinking about when designing this. Im also hoping that user of this program will submit thier creations in .CSP format for me to add to my website. This should build a nice new collection of ready to use effects.

Cheers,

Andrew

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#13]
Really nice one, like the way it works :)

Is it possible that the whole particle trail part is bugged at the moment? Does not work as it should ...
There is a emitter far in the nothing behind the actual emitter if I choose it as parent, instead of being trail emitter to it.

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#14]
Dreamora - Sorry Im not sure If I understood the problem. Can you email me the .CSP file and little description of how you think it should look and get on it straight away.

Email andrew@...

Thanks,

Andrew

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#15]
Hello All,

Just to let you know that I have released a new demo. Its available from :

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=urbaninteractive11292004201615&comments=no

Oh and yes it is going to be Freeware. This version support multiwindow preview and exports full Blitz source code ready to use in your own programs.

If you find any bugs please email them to me at (andrew@...)

Cheers,

Andrew

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#16]
Cool!

boomboom(Posted 2004) [#17]
i just got marmite in my eye!

Dreamora(Posted 2004) [#18]
Really really great app

Far better than any other editors I've seen and tried so far.

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#19]
Hi Guys,

There is a newer version available now with a few changes (listed below)

[Beta 0.96.03]

Major overhaul on the window system which hopefully make object placement a little easier and more logical.

Update include :

* New Icons to select Window view (3d / Front / Back etc)
* New set icons for select work mode (Camera/Emitter/Object)
* Can now position / rotate and scale emitter with mouse
* Can now position / rotate and scale objects with mouse
* Can now delete objects
* Camera movement and object placement should be more accurate (smoother)
* Can now select any view in the single view mode
* Lots of minor bug fixes.

Available from the Blitzcoder Showcase area (or from my sig).

Cheers,

Unc

Barliesque(Posted 2004) [#20]
I get a MAV whenever I run the program. Same happened with the previous version. Is there a log file output I can send you?

My Specs:
WinXP Home, SP2
NVidia GForce 5800 FX, 128MB
1GB RAM
DirectX & Drivers are up to date

Uncle(Posted 2004) [#21]
Hi Barliesque,

I can only think you are having a MAV problem because of a missing Candystore.ini file. Can you check if it is in the install directory? If not try reinstalling. If you email at andrew@... I will do my best to trace down the problem.

Cheers,

Andrew