Guardian Of Gaia

Community Forums/Showcase/Guardian Of Gaia

WildW(Posted 2004) [#1]
Forgot to post in here when I finished my first game in Blitz+ a couple of weeks ago, so anyways, here's my manic and stupidly fast shoot-em-up, Guardian of Gaia.

Screenshot

Not particularly original perhaps, and apparently too fast for some folks, but for the true gamer its quite good fun. Defend planet Gaia from the relentless attacks of the Empire, save cash for power-ups, and defeat fearsome capital ships.

Download http://www.wildw.co.uk/software/GuardianOfGaia10.exe

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice game. but do you really think, the dollar is going to be intergalactical currency ? ;)

WildW(Posted 2004) [#3]
They're non-specific dollars. . .maybe some kind of space-dollars. Will that do? ;)

aab(Posted 2004) [#4]
english might not be much of an intergallactic language either, so lets just say that its translated from Omicranese.

*downloading

Its prettry fun: Fast your right, but something that i could train into getting used to.
I was thinking of making something like this, but i didnt bother...
Runs top speed with so much going on as well.

WildW(Posted 2004) [#5]
In case anyone cares, I've updated to version 1.1 with a couple of bugfixes and, more importantly, screen resolution change support for 320x240 to 1280x1024 as I originally intended to do.

Download http://www.wildw.co.uk/software/GuardianOfGaia11.exe

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#6]
Good work... however, I think it is a bit too fast. ;) To be more precise, I think the bullets should be faster too! So that it becomes easier to hit the high speed enemies. The speed of the game should apply to all objects so that the player has a chance of surviving by mastering the high speed controls and action. It could also be that the player's ship should turn a bit faster... or that the enemies are too quick... but when I play this it feels like I have not much control over what is happening. Maybe add difficulty levels, so that on "easy", the player rotates faster and the enemies move slower.

RiK(Posted 2004) [#7]
Nice game. but do you really think, the dollar is going to be intergalactical currency ? ;)

Well, if Bush is to be believed, they *are* the centre of the universe...