New Blitz Game

Community Forums/Showcase/New Blitz Game

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi all,

Just my little give back to the community, my first full game release, its called Freakbank, it's addicitive (So im told) and easy to pick up. Based on the old classic Westbank.

You play the part of bank security guard, protecting the bank from robbers, your job is to shoot anyone that pulls a gun. You collect money from the innocents which translates to a score inbetween levels. Dont be fooled, people arent always what they seem! Suicidal cops, perverts, drug barons with automatics, dodgy geezers, all make a bunch of Freaks.. hence the title. :)

You can blow peoples heads off to score higher points, the game has a high score, (no name entering) and also a basic setup file to change from fullscreen to window and 16/32bit.

It's got an original sound track by me, I did all the code, models/skins n textures... the lot basically :) Along with some valuable input from a few others.

The program has lots of inluences from code here and within the B3D demos, so without any of you guys it probably would have never happened. So I thank you all who have helped with any problems along the way.

If anyone wants to use anything graphically or would like the source for their own purposes, then I dont have a problem, as long as you let me know and drop me a credit ;)

DOWNLOAD FREAKBANK

Progs used.. PSP, Milkshape, CharacterFX, Acid and B3D
P.S Check the readme for any more details.

Regards,
Paulo

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#2]
Not bad.

The cops that come through the door seem to get killed on their own. Meaning, I dont put the mouse near them and they get their head blown off.

I'm guessing that the targets are a sort of bonus.

The models seem to have the same animation whether they are going to kill you or not. It's very had not to just kill 'em all so that you don't die.

I'm not one who plays 'shooting gallery' type games, but
I'd like to see this one improve and I'd play it again.

The base is good, just need some playability tweaks.

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi dave,

thanks for checking it out.

The Cop.. He is a twist.. he can either pull a gun, or blow his own head off.. (Eg suicidal cop) actually partly the reason i did this was to make use of my head exploding function more than once. :)

Yes the animations seem the same, but they are only the same for the first few frames, otherwise you would spot good guys from bad guys immediately, (before he's pulled a gun) so thats why it's like that.. rather like the original in that respect :)

So best advice i can give, is try and spot the subtle differences between characters, or just be a bit quicker ;)

I might well update it some more yet.

Cheers again!

Paul

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#4]
Violent.

Yoda gives thanks to young Jedi. Many a praise to young Jedi! Yoda very pleased. Much pleased.

Very violent.

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#5]
Do I get a lightsaber yet? :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#6]
fun... i liked the boos when i shot the girl or the good guys...

--Mike

-=Darkheart=-(Posted 2004) [#7]
Not bad, a bit limited in scope but very playable considering you did everything yourself too very nice.

Darkheart

Paulo(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks guys.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2004) [#9]
Of course, i love it. seems great fun to me! :D