Jumpingrub demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Jumpingrub demo

andi(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,
here is a new 4 level demo of my game.

plan to finish the game in 6 weeks
Controls:
Left and right cursor - nothing more (you will see)!

Attention: hard Levels

Download:
Jumpingrub (984kb)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks very nice.

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#3]
cute little game......

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2004) [#4]
Very nice, a little tricky to play though.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#5]
That is simply awesome. One of the most addictive games I have ever played with Blitz. Everything about it is great. Keep up the good work!!!

I love the simple clean cartoony gfx. The music is perfect. The difficulty is just about right. I cannot praise this enough as its very refreshing to find a game written in Blitz that feels so original.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#6]
That is simply awesome. One of the most addictive games I have ever played with Blitz.

I have to agree. Some times its just the simple ideas that turn out to be loads of fun.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#7]
Cute!

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#8]
It looks cute and like a kiddy game, but is actually quite evil and difficult. A winner. Addictive.

I would consider adding mouse control, but perhaps only when you hold the mousebutton down, and it recenters itself when you let go of the button.

makakoman(Posted 2004) [#9]
This is a great game! Level 2 was a bear, but I couldn't help but keep going back and trying until I completed it. Very well done. By the way, don't like those pesky grubs. They did a real job on my lawn!

MK

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#10]
Brilliant!

Tracer

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#11]
very nice

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#12]
This is awesome. Very addictive and I love the gfx! :)

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#13]
Very nice little game. I like the gfx and gameplay. Well done :)

morduun(Posted 2004) [#14]
Very cool, very addictive and a lot of fun. Controls seem just right -- not once did I blame the controls and not myself for making a mistake, and in a game like this that's just what you want to feel like. Great stuff!

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#15]
Like it :)

Its got that just one more go feeling that is important in games.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#16]
I can get as far as the second level and just get bloody annoyed with it and quit. It's good, just bloody annoying.

Sledge(Posted 2004) [#17]
Neat stuff - feels like you should be able to jump up through the floating platforms though. Give it a whirl and I think you'll find it improves the overall feel of the thing.

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#18]
Thats a pretty cool idea sledge. In fact, thats the only good suggestion I could have made. Everything else seems pretty much perfect :D

How many levels will the full version have Andi?

Steve Elliott(Posted 2004) [#19]
Very addictive and nice graphics. The only suggestion I would make is the background is too static. Add some background animation - layers of moving clouds etc.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#20]
you apptitle is still "jump and bump" ;)

i really like it, although it should start more doable, introducing elements one by one and then slowly build up. but that's just my preference.

by the way, i love the outline of the caterpillar!

andi(Posted 2004) [#21]
hi together,
thanks for your compliments. My english is not so good but i want to try.
The full version will have:

- about 80 levels divided in 7 worlds
- more extras like bumpers, fading stones and fans
- more animations (@Steve Elliott: maby background animations too)
- better gfx
- much better music
- little flow improvement (the gameflow is the most important point for me)

i plan to finish the game in 8 weeks.

@Sledge
i have alredy change it. now you can jump up through the floating platforms. yeah its great! thanks;)

@koekjesbaby
of course the game will starts easy and than grow up. These three levels are from the mid-end game.

greetings

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#22]
I havnt played it yet, but judging from everyones response here I'd say your onto a winner here.
It's very rare that everyone is so positive about something. Keep it up!

I'll be giving it a go later on as well.

Grisu(Posted 2004) [#23]
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :)

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#24]
max fun! got passed all three levels... wish you added a "You Win" or something :-P my dad got kinda pissed cuz he wasn't winning! lol was funny tho... Love the Game.. Keep it Up!

wizzlefish(Posted 2004) [#25]
How do you pack everything into one executable?

andi(Posted 2004) [#26]
@Digital Fortress:
Check this out: Terabit DataPacker Tutorial

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#27]
Goooood stuff. Cool graphics, great gameplay and funny music (although the music may vary more me thinks). Simple concept done right.

matt!(Posted 2004) [#28]
Very nice little game. I really like the graphics but the music is too loud and a little bad quality? Gameplay is excellent.

Keep it up!

andi(Posted 2004) [#29]
Hi,
a new demo of my game is ready for download.
Look at the top of this page.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#30]
they are most definitely harder levels.

I couldn't get past level 2, mainly because the fish and the platforms at the bottom are out of sync (it takes a few minutes for you to notice), after a while, you end up having to jump *under* the fish instead of over it, which is damned hard, and inbetween the jumping over and jumping under, you cannot get past it.

Presumably this won't be an issue in the full game since you'll have a finite number of lives (assuming that is how the game will work).

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#31]
much much harder. I can't get past the firs one.

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#32]
Its harder then the first demo, but not hard enough for my tastes, come on, bring us some pain!
(took me on average 15 tries for each map....most tries bein thanks to lil' mistakes I made)

_PJ_(Posted 2004) [#33]
Looks very polished!

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#34]
Hey - just noticed this game first time! Looks fab!

skn3(Posted 2004) [#35]
Really nice game I want to play more ?!

This would be a prime candidate for blitzmax, using the opengl 2d. You could add in some nice rotation/resize effects, and anti-alias everything.

Have you thought of an online 2 player mode, perhaps team based. IE: 1 grub holds down the left side of a set of balancing scales, while the other jumps upto the right side, to a platform that was previously unavailable. Triggers a switch, then jumps back down.

Could be fun. Anyway, good game I think you hit on a killer idea.

matt!(Posted 2004) [#36]
I'm looking forward to the full thing.

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2005) [#37]
Any news on this yet?