My new demo...

Community Forums/Showcase/My new demo...

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#1]
this is the latest demo for my game Titan - The Infiltrator
it includes a menu screen(the only buttons that work are new game and exit). The gameplay has been updated and there are 5 total weapons currently. There is only one level and everytime you finish it the level starts over. Let me know what you think.

Here are the controls-
movement - "arrow keys"
shoot - "shift"
strafe - "/"
pivot/turn - "."

it's about six megs in size

www.djune.homestead.com/files/Titan_Demo_2.zip

makakoman(Posted 2004) [#2]
The graphics are nice enough, but basically you just run away from the bullets for about 30 seconds until enough of them kill you. I suggest you tone down the difficulty alot, because right now there is no playability.

Also, the gun's bullets are not visible and it makes it difficult to see if you are hitting anything.

It has potential, but very frustrating as it stands now.

IMO,
MK

skn3(Posted 2004) [#3]
Its ok, I think you should ditch the whole strafe button idea, it is out-dated.. especialy on a pc.

The game cries out for w,s,a,d and mouse for aim.

I think if you had some sort of level introduction, had some collectables (for points) along the way, balanced the power of the weapons, adjusted the character animation, added smart bombs etc etc .. it could be a good game.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#4]
agreed with skn3 :)

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks for the input Skn3, I'm definately adding a point system, additional weapons and so on. I'm hesitant to adding the aiming with the mouse because I want to incorporate a 2-player mode in both the reguler game mode as well as deathmatch, and that could definately give one player an advantage over the other. The levels will have intros and stuff like that, thats a good call. Thanks again.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#6]
Perhaps you could offer various methods of control.
Control Type A: Mouse + Keys (mouse AIM + w,s,a,d MOVE)
Control Type B: Keys Strafe (strafe AIM up,down,left,right, MOVE)
Control Type C: Keys 2handed (w,s,a,d AIM up,down,left,right MOVE);
(and allow the B,C to be used on joypad)

The w,s,a,d aim, would be like in smashTV. Pressing W would fire up. S fire down, a+s down-left .. and so on.

Foppy(Posted 2004) [#7]
>>The w,s,a,d aim, would be like in smashTV. Pressing W would fire up. S fire down, a+s down-left .. and so on.

This may not always work though, with too many keys being pressed at the same time.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#8]
skn3 you're a goldmine. The good thing that I have found while working on this, as well as other game, adding additional control options isn't all that dificult, so I'll try to work in a few of those.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#9]
no screeniie teaser = no download...

... sorry DJ

--Mike

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#10]
Here's an older screen shot

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#11]
hhhhmmmmm.... hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.......

downloading now...

thx

--Mike

Neuro(Posted 2004) [#12]
Cool game but controls suck big time....

skn3(Posted 2004) [#13]
Woot :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#14]
yeah... the controls... then i might have a chance survivng those blood suckers...

otherwise, looks nice...

--Mike

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#15]
When you guys say the controls, do you mean 8 directional+strafing sucks, or just the button locations.
Another thing is I am making the rooms bigger by using a camera similer to the type in Alien Breed(keeps the player centered until he gets close to the edge of the level). The won't be huge, just a little bigger to create more room to move around in. What do you think?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#16]
Larger rooms would be cool. You could make some vast levels, or even introduce some interactive elements. Or perhaps locked, switchable doors. It opens up some possabilities I would think :)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#17]
i need to be able to turn and run quickly, or turn and fire quickly and intuitively...

those bloodsuckers are ai guided and rarely make a mistake when seeking me out...

--Mike

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2004) [#18]
Great game :)

I dont think it is too difficult, reminds me a lot of smash tv, its got the same frantic pace which is cool.

The controls do need some work tho, I suggest letting the player use the mouse to quickly rotate the character and left/right to strafe and up/down to move.