Perky Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Perky Demo

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#1]

puki(Posted 2004) [#2]
Naughty boy. I'm telling.

Edit:
Assuming you are taking a poke at the 'Busherie demo'?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#3]
OK, obviously not one on the most well received demos ever.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#4]
I'd rather hear a social statement than a political statement.

puki(Posted 2004) [#5]
Sorry "Rob Farley" - I thought it was a joke - your version of the 'Busherie demo'.

It is kind of spooky to watch (assuming it is sort showing realistic figures).

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
The figures are accuate. And yes, kinda spooky... I was just browsing the internet and came across the numbers and I was shocked and wondered what that looked like in real time. The text is lifted off that same site.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#7]
Educational :o)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
Especially since there are patented medicines that can stop aids, but most 3th world ppl can't pay the 150$ it costs each day due to a monopol based upon patent rights. Remember the Dispute when brasils and south africas governments illegally reproduced the medicine (patent theft) and were brought to an international court. (well 9-11 then stole the show)

AIDS is big money, shame on the pharma industry, especially the one in basel switzerland. Evil suckers they are.
But hey, this is definitively off topic.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#9]
It's not just the medicine, some of the african cultures are hard for others to understand.
I recommend the much prized book "A Sunday by the Pool in Kigali" by Gil Courtemanche.
As well as the genocide in Rwanda the book tell a lot about how the sexual culture works in those areas.
Many people don't care if they catch AIDS becuase they live now and live for now, something like that.
A life is not as high priced there as we often price it in the industrialized world.
That includes the value people give their own life...

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#10]
HIV is here to stay.

Prevention – use condoms, stop mating with everyone you see, or at least know who you are sleeping with.
Education – overall the best solution
Drugs – no matter what, you will die. Magic Johnson is rich and has been able to keep up alive, but not all the people have that quantity of money.

Prevention and Education are the best against HIV and AIDS.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#11]
Not to sound like a jerk, should probably be in off topic... but if all viruses etc were wiped out then the world would soon fill up... these sorts of things are natures way of controlling things... like forest fires, floods etc.. all serve a purpose.

Again I'm NOT saying people with HIV/Aids deserve to have it and I wish it apon no 1, but I think I have a valid point... the worlds filling up and there are no moonbases or mars colonies to expand to.

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#12]
I think you've got a point to a certain extent, but I think the better way to control the population is not to kill people but to stop creating people.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#13]
My point is that it's not for us to tell what others should do.....
If someone want to lead a life taking risks they should be allowed too even if they may die from it.

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#14]
Great demo!

Must be extended to people killed by cigarettes, and alcool and drug!

Also people dead by by food or no food!

And then, make a screen saver add some fancy fx behind and send it to http://adbusters.org!!!

dynaman(Posted 2004) [#15]
> If someone want to lead a life taking risks they should be allowed too even if they may die from it.

Just add one more caveat, the rest of us should not have to pay for any treatment these people recieve either.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#16]
Well, if they die we don't have too.