Busherie demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Busherie demo

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#1]
>>>> http://www.funpoint.com/bush/busherie.zip <<<<

18-10-2004 : I've added a parental advisory message and a legal disclaimer. Sorry if someone has been shocked by this demo. Btw, the pictures inside are nothing else than the one we can see here in Europe, everyday in the news...

Busherie by Nikko
(c) October 2004

This file is a 3D demo against the Bush administration. It is a 4mn clip with music and is only 3mb in size.
It is freeware and must be shared as much as you can!

It should work on most today's video cards.

This demo may be shocking and is intended for mature audience. Childrens, go to bed! Adults wake up now!

GfK(Posted 2004) [#2]
Look at the screenshot above. That's pretty much it. Only the counter goes up.

It all seems a bit pointless. It doesn't do anything.

Enjoy.
??? Enjoy what? A couple of boxes with textures on and a counter? Oh, and the occasional flashing pictures of dead children.

Not my idea of enjoyment.

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#3]
I'm sorry if war is not your reality. But in the mean time, it is for millions of people.
Demo are not only for showing cubemapping, or 10000 trees all the same on a mountain.
3D can also be used to pass a message.
Sorry if this message hurt you, you were warned.

(also you need to run it with sound)

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#4]
Give me a break. Maybe you ought to go to bed yourself.

GfK(Posted 2004) [#5]
Sorry if this message hurt you, you were warned.
It didn't hurt me. I just thought it was crap.

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#6]
Pretty well-produced. The effects on the letters and the flashing frames were really cool.

You really need an escape key exit, and you've got a lot of spelling errors.

Could you make a version with Guns & Roses' cover of 'Sympathy for the Devil'?

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#7]
aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the painnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!1
graaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrareraaaaaaar!!!
plum mump
(Ice9 falls over clutching his eyeballs)

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#8]
Nice demo. I don't know about civilians but I do know as far as America's and the other military forces that have joined us in Iraq that the Mothers and fathers are getting tired of finding out their sons and daughters are dead and not knowing what they died for.
I'm not sure about that civilian count either...I don't think that many people were 'civilians'. There are 5 year olds running around in the middle east with grenades strapped to their chest. Once someone takes up arms even a rock, they are a combatant.
I'm going on another deployment to Iraq before Christmas. I've already told my wife that if I die in Iraq, that the only thing I will have died for is to protect my fellow comrades in arms. But, it will probably be something pointless like driving over a land mine on the way to pick up mail or something.
Basically, dying for nothing at all except for the guy or gal to the left or right of 'em.
Are Americans dying to 'liberate' the people of Iraq? Pffft. Yeah, right. We only serve the 'noblest' cause. Ha ha ha. World Peace. Ha ha ha hah ha. This is a ---- stupid joke.
And if anyone feels the need to flame my opinions you should know that I've served over 4 years in the Marine Corps and 1 in the Army now. Both honorable and both Active Duty. I've been on more deployments than I can count for a total of at least 2 1/2 years now, and I've only been in 5. So, I'm basically saying unless you know what you're talking about...

Everytime I see another death, it saddens me because these people didn't need to die. Let's thin the American population out a bit right, Mr. Pres??

Glad to be working for a coke snorting Coast Guard that couldn't be bothered to show up for work for a few days out of a month.

Not to steal any limelight but, here's a scope and code! of my recent 2d (in b3d) demo.
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1172

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#9]
I believe this should be in Off Topic. Don't want to turn Blitz Showcase into Off Topic, do you?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#10]
CodeD, about what you are saying about combatants, it also makes it even more complicated when every family is just normally armed with an AK47.

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#11]
The demo was crap and didnt show anything special. Waste of download bandwidth.

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#12]
Cool, I see that this demo works ;)
Halo : Could you point me the typo errors, so I'll fix them (I'm not native English).

Thanks in advance.

Caff(Posted 2004) [#13]
A crude political statement dressed up in some fairly poor graphical effects.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#14]
I Agree with Yavin on many of his points.
One thing I wish would have happend is a consensus and
a world wide acknoledgement of the human rights abuses
that were going on in Iraq. It seemed countries were
opposing the US stance, that something needed to be done,
simply because it was the US that took the stance. One
world could have righted the wrongs, that were being done
in Iraq, without the level of bloodshed that has occured.
The UN needs to establish a base guideline on human rights
and any country violating those guidelines should be
sanctioned until they comply and a deadline set in which
force will be used to repair the situation. Yes war is
needed when reason fails.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#15]
Good effects, especially the text stuff.

Mo(Posted 2004) [#16]
I like it.
Some things some people here say are just ridicoulus.

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#17]
Ice9

Yeah, well, your president decided to burl in alone (effectively), and its been a complete mess hasn't it.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#18]
Well, Yavin if you think our men and women are dying to uphold American ideals then why don't we go clean up and die in Africa, South America, and the rest of the corrupt countries of the world. So, our are men and women dying to liberate an oppressed people? No, Bush could give a crap less if people are being beaten and drug through the streets. He cares about oil. And that's what we're dying for. Something that could be easily replaced with a more efficient and economical means.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#19]
CodeD - so why are you doing that kind of job then? You risk your live for haliburton etc?

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#20]
um...yeah...
I don't work for haliburton...

Anyhoo, I'm going to stop posting on threads like this.
So, think what you wanna think.
Bush is the greatest, bush is the worst...
the US is fighting this war to liberate the oppressed people
of Iraq (yeah, and you're more gullible than you look!)
whatever.
have fun.

>BWAAAAAH!!!!<

;)

Nikko(Posted 2004) [#21]
I've uploaded a new version : with a legal disclaimer and a parental advisory.

It is more clean.

Note : the demo is not only about Irak Civilians. There are some pictures about US soldiers as well. It is a shame that all these people dies for oil. I'm happy to not have any oil in my basement so I can sleep without the risk to receive an US fragmentation bomb on my house anytime.

Also think about the oil prices that are going higher and higher every day. This rise the profits of Exxon (and Bush friends, including the Saoudi familly). That's really sucks!

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#22]
Yavin said
You dont join the army,navy or airforce to have fun, you join it to serve AND DIE for your country.

You are very right. Unfortunately since there hasn't been a war since vietnam where a lot of americans died, most people signing up sign up for the college benefits they recieve later. People who wouldn't normally get a "free ride" to college can do so by going in for 4 years of military service.

Once the $@#%#$ hits the fan they don't want to do it any more. That's not directed at you CodeD as you seem to have a more deeply rooted dislike for any war at all (despite that being the ultimate reason the military exists... the possibility of war.) In any case, you have your reasons and are entitled to them.

I am not going to go hunt it down to see, but I don't remember seeing a post about the mass graves they found recently where kurdish women and children were found executed. Heck no. There won't be any outcry about THAT on an anti-bush board like this one. Human rights are only exploitable if they've been violated by the bush led military. Anything Saddam might have done gets glossed over on THIS board.

Bush/Cheny 2004!

Kanati

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#23]
Well, I will say that I'm thoroughly trained and ready for combat, although I'm working for a hospital now. We've been doing combat training for physical training lately and I choked out 3 people this morning, 2 my size, 1 bigger. So, I'm no stranger to danger. I've got a wicked, psychotic mean streak.
But, I think that it's hypocritcal the way our country goes about policing the world. We're not really sticking our necks out too much for the little guys and a lot of other people that are suffering and could really use our help.
A lot of money could be better spent, on food, clean water, etc.

and...yes, i did say i wouldn't get drawn into this thread again.

oh vell...

Zmatrix(Posted 2004) [#24]
Bush is the Devil?? lol Come on you can do better than that.

You comparing soemone to a neo-christian mythical Figure, and you want people to take you seriously?

Thats somthing Bush would say..."axis of evil"??

And really if your targeting americans...youve done it wrong.
Change the counter to
"Price of the war so far" and
"How much it costs you".

would make me listen....lol

only thing goverments do anyway is get in the way.

Anarchy in 2004!

Zmatrix

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#25]
MadJack, He's not my president.
I don't quite understand your statement, perhaps you should
pose it as a question?

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#26]
Anything Saddam might have done gets glossed over on THIS board.

Saddam was a bad guy. Really bad. But there are lost of bad guys in the world. Is it our job to rid the world of evil? We can't afford to overthrow every dictator in the world and install "democracies" everywhere.

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#27]
Anarchy is laughable. Anarchists strive to over-throw order. If the anarchists succeed in their attempts to overthrow the 'Man' in order to preserve their chaos they must establish their own 'order' or system.
I wrote a paper on this subject.
But, perhaps one of my better recieved (the latter confused everyone) was my home-brew theory of evolution, that humans actually de-evolved from cardboard, CB being a higher lifeform. I made a pretty good arguement too.
;)

D4NM4N(Posted 2004) [#28]
This proves controversy sells, i downloaded it to see what all the fuss was about.
My opinion and 2 cents worth:
1.Interesting effect & i like the flow of the demo
2.i think most of us in Europe think bush is a bit of a knob but i dont really see the point in making the demo. Im from the UK and as the news has shown our governents to be incompetent twats anyway.
3.Anarchy is a return to tribalism, but i really have no real opinion on that. Except when my baby who is two months old is sick i would like to take him to a hospital and have him go to school later. Also for him to be able to walk the street in (relative) safety.
4.its not muslims or christians who are bad, its fanatisism and the problem with religion in general.
5.why cant we all just... Get along
6.oh, and irak is spelled with a Q IRAQ
7.and its not eye-rak mr bush, its ir-ark :o)

wmaass(Posted 2004) [#29]
How long do you think it would take to do a similiar demo hundreds of thousands murdered, tortured and mutilated by Saddam? And to cover all the bases, be sure to include all those Western countries who colluded with him over the years such as, oh...all of them. Might have to raise the min system requirements for that one.

Zmatrix(Posted 2004) [#30]
(on Anarchy)
I do agree its laughable, because it could never be.
Because there will always be a bid for power, its human nature.

(On cardboard)
I also agree with the CB higher lifeform statement.
Seems logical to me.
Im weary of the boxes near me now,,are they are masters and we dont even know it??

The Demo is Fine, its a political statement.
I think a few people got miffed becuase they expected a Techdemo with tons of effects..thats all.

I really dont like Bush or kerry, but I wouldnt call either the devil.
Old Scratch has more brains..
;)

Unfortunatly..I will aslo have to agree with Halo.
Saddam was/is a bad guy
But Its OK for America to kill Civilians , Because Saddam did?
I dont see how that makes it Right.
Becuase it suits us? , We turn a blind eye to it while its going on.
But now you gotta pay.
We could have helped these people long before now.

Zmatrix

CodeD(Posted 2004) [#31]
To Clarify:

CardBoard all around us is lying in a dormant state. How long will they lie dormant?? Nobody knows...