Community Forums/Showcase/PyroEditor - New particle editor

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#1]
A new particle editor for the PyroParticleSystem is released:

PyroEditor

Download PyroEditor (0.83 mb)

Website

Comments are appreciated.

Murilo(Posted 2004) [#2]
Well, it certainly looks like the dog's danglies! I'll take a look at this as soon as I get home.

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
Only things I don't like is that the sparks thing seems a bit over the top and blocky, and that in the first shot (Editor0.jpg) the text on the tab page is leaving the gadget. Oh, and in all the shots there is what looks like the result of wireframe rendering going over the keyframe thing. Small problem, shouldn't be hard to fix.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
looks ok to me, although in some of them you dont seem to be able to apply enough force to the emiiter.

The spark one for example, the sparks just fly off at a nice casual pace, but if you try to make them fly off at speed its not to easy if at all possible. or at least I couldnt get it to do it.

this could have been a frame rate isse , im not sure.

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2004) [#5]
Noel, these things should be fixed now, thanks for noticing. The wireframe was there because I used a plane with a camera with orthogonal projection, with normal projection it disappeared, perhaps a bug in blitz or because planes are infinite, and can't be calculated correctly in orthogonal mode.

Yavin, you can increase the force vector components, this will speed up the sparks. Increase both the main and the random ones.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback.

N(Posted 2004) [#6]
No problem, keep up the good work, Jeppe.

Drey(Posted 2004) [#7]
this is probably my favorite particle engine...until i make my own of course :-D. We have some of the same ideas, cool stuff man.