Ragdoll Rider video clips

Community Forums/Showcase/Ragdoll Rider video clips

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#1]
Finally got these video clips to a sensible size, so please have a look (if you can make out what is going on through the lo-res murk) and see what you think -

http://www.jameskett.dsl.pipex.com/blitz2.htm

The program is currently a test-bed to see if the crash system works, and the white cube the bike hits will be replaced by various traffic vehicles. The bike model is done but the rider is just a simple collection of blocks and a helmet.

Caff(Posted 2004) [#2]
That is very nice! :D

Sweenie(Posted 2004) [#3]
Looks great!

Idea: Make a low fence so that the bike get some airtime too. :)

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#4]
Thanks guys - hopefully when I have some low traffic cars the bike will get airborne regularly. I suppose hills and dips will help also - I'd like to be able to jump the bike into the air while driving, but I'm not sure that will happen - I've found it difficult to code a decent jumping vehicle system, and Tokamak is only used in the game when the bike and rider are crashing.

skn3(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks quite nice, but I would say that the person doesn't seem to fly far enough, and the ragdoll is too loose. IE there seem to be no bones in his body.

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#6]
He he - that is what I call a rag doll! Looks very promising...

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#7]
The rider doesn't have any working joint limits yet, because they are very confusing to get right - if I can work out how they need to be set I shall add them so his joints don't flop through impossible angles.

If not, then never mind - it just looks like a more painful accident! I've got a nice cracking bone sound to add next... :)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very nice. How did you get such a decent engine sound?

... and when's the playable demo? :P

Braincell(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looks cool but may i suggest you make the transition from the "driving-view" to the "damn-that-hurts-view" a little more smoothly. Now in video 4 i sadly dont get to see the bike being smashed! :)