ROIDZ - Alpha test - WARNING large images

Community Forums/Showcase/ROIDZ - Alpha test - WARNING large images

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
First of all I made a new thread for this not just to get away from the talk of (see bellow) but to also put a warning in the title that the post has large images in it.

In the hope that it will stop the talk of medical conditions, Here is some screen shots of what I need tested, I'm sure you will agree that there are no bums in sight.

So in short im looking for a few good ppl who will take the time to play with it and give me feed back on it via my forums.

Thanks.

Like before if your interested all you have to do is sign up to the TR forums (see my sig) and post in Genral Chat who you are and I will give you access to the Roidz thread.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#2]
Any comments at all ?

RGR(Posted 2004) [#3]
;-

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
Yeah the backgrounds are Bright but that was meant. The plan is that some areas of the game are bright and so if your ship is near a bright spot you will find it hard to see.

This then forces you to stay out of the bright areas making the game a bit more of a challenge. If you add to this the Flash you get from a big asteroid and you are at times left for 2 seconds semi blind and unable to see where your ship is.

In tests so far we have founf this add further tension to the game play and makes it more fun.

On the other hand, just about every effect you see in game has a GFX option, so you can for example turn off the blast waves or the impact mesh's or for example the background bloom effect.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#5]
I have to agree with Ra, the backgrounds wouldn't force me to use dark areas, they would force me to quit the game.

But bar that, it's all looking good. Though I'd change the font to something a little sleeker personally, but that's just a preference.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#6]
Like I said the Bloom filter aka the bright backgrounds are an option in the first image, so you can turn them off, so its not really an issue.

Even saying that thought its not as bad you seem to think when playing the game, but thats not something you would be able to tell from a still.

Would you be interested in testing it for me ? @ The Dude

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#7]
Yeah the backgrounds are Bright but that was meant. The plan is that some areas of the game are bright and so if your ship is near a bright spot you will find it hard to see.

This then forces you to stay out of the bright areas making the game a bit more of a challenge. If you add to this the Flash you get from a big asteroid and you are at times left for 2 seconds semi blind and unable to see where your ship is.

1.0 - Doom 3?

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#8]
I got the idea from another game im workig on, where I use Nebula clouds to mask the player a little during set levels.

It looks and works a lot better using a Bloom Filter as it looks a lot better and gives off a much better effect.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looks very nice, Congratulations for successfully implementing multiply blended pseudo-2D etc (guess that's what it is), I love it.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#10]

this could just be annoying and cause mega headache and eye strain

looks nice,but i think the ship needs to stand out more....you do like your blasters Yavin.My kids are still hooked on Tinvaders

any plans of you doing a remake of an old game called bomber my fav game of old

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#11]
I Love Shooters m8, The next one I will be starting is going to be another 3D up the screen shooter, this time in the vain of Battle Squadren on the Amiga. or it could also be likend to Tiger Helli, and Arcade shooter.

I love Shooters.

I have also decided to release a beta, so your gona get a chance to play this, Im not saying its gona blow you away, as it is after all just another Asteroids remake, I do however hope that its fun to play and that you enjoy it.

I will probably give the link out once I add some extra code tonight.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#12]
look forward to it