Closed Alpha of Roidz

Community Forums/Showcase/Closed Alpha of Roidz

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
[EDIT]****

SEE MY NEW THREAD ... Same Topic.

[EDIT]****
Im looking for some nice peeps to help us test Roidz. aka Asteroids.

Its 3D so 3D card required ;)

If your interested, Just join our forums, and post in the General Chat forum, there is a thread in there about it.

Thanks.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#2]
Dude, you may as well post it here. Can't speak for others, but I'm not jumping through hoops to download a demo. ;)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#3]
Dude, you may as well post it here. Can't speak for others, but I'm not jumping through hoops to download a demo. ;)

Ah you new to programming and games Development ? .

An Alpha version of a game is not a Demo, A Demo tends to be a cut down version of a finished work, Where as Alphs is the game still under heavy development.

This is An Alpha test, which means the game in our eyes is not in a position to be shown to the public as a Beta or Demo, Which is why its a Closed Alpha Test, Which is also why were not going to just post it here.

Once the game moves into the Beta Stage which we hope will be after this test is over, We will then release some more screen shots and then we will release the game.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
Oh its currently 12+Meg so no 56k unless you dont mind waiting.

We still havent compressed all of our media yet.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#5]
Roidz???? Maybe Terroidz
Might want to re think the name. It has a different
meaning or was that intentional

big10p(Posted 2004) [#6]
You could call it Farmer Giles. :P

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#7]
Roidz, as in Asteroids.

I play or used to play a few games like Planetarion, Starsphere and a few others so the phrase "All your Base Belong to us" or "All your Roidz Beloning to us" is where I got Roidz from.

it is also just short for Aste"roidz".

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#8]
But just hearing the name brings to mind steroids.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#9]
I always heard it as a reference to Hemrhoids

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#10]
indeed.. hemoroids ..

Tracer

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#11]
you know a lot of ppl with em ? - lol is it sorce ?

Anyway can I assume no one wants to help then ? if not then fair enough, I'll just pass it around ma m8's and get them to test it.

Ice9(Posted 2004) [#12]
Not knocking Your game at all it looks great from the screenies in the other thread but It's the first thing that
pops in my mind when I hear the word.