Enigma-X

Community Forums/Showcase/Enigma-X

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#1]
Originally a calculator game I made for the TI-85 ...

... this was the first Blitz game I ever released (although I started True-Vol before Enigma-X). It got bashed hard ... I got a real spanking from the community for trying to sell this (I did sell a few copies way back when to darnit) ... well now I'm back 2 years later.

We're thinking of redoing this with 3D like Market Value along with the online scoreboard, 2 player online networked match etc. If you play the split screen in this version you'll understand. The game will also be revised to be more intuitive using arrows on the pieces so you know how to align them easier.

Post your scores ... (takes a while to get really quick and this is mainly a game of speed when it comes down to it)...

Give us some feedback ...

Have fun!

Enigma-X

ckob(Posted 2004) [#2]
why did the community get mad at you for trying to sell true-vol ?

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Not True-Vol lol. Most were cool with that, but Enigma-X I got ripped. It was a funny thread. It was mainly one guy ripping me and a lot of people sticking up for the fact that I at least tried.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2004) [#4]
I remember this.

I think you got most of the spanking becuase... well to put it bluntly.. the presentation sux. ;) Dull gfx, poor sfx, poor instructions, no mouse control.

Well thats my opinion.. and if you weight it against www.popcap.com and www.gamehouse.com (yes I know they have profesional teams) then EX gets a royal ass wooping.

But hey a sparkly, shinny 3D powered version might just be what the game needs.

BTW.. heres my first commerical game http://www.jabawokie.ukgamers.net/files/install_misty_blue.exe Feel free to spank me :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#5]
I think I played it. We both exchanged a bit of info when back when hehe.

Of course now I have far superior ablities along with a good partner and artist. So I think we can pull it off a lot better and quickly. Pop Cap and Gamehouse are great and there's no reason not to compare Leadfoot Productions to them. What we produce should be in that range as we are professionals. Consider this Enigma-X a prototype only.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#6]
Good start. I doubt you played it, being on the amiga, but there was a columns clone/variation..very addictive.

Tips for this game, are obvious, get new gfx by aderian in(And reduce their size, they're too big atm)
Also, throw in some powerups etc. I had an amiga variation on columns pugi yo or some sh!% that like, and it had all kindas power ups, specials.(None gimmicks)..and I must have played that game as much as sensible world of socccer back in the day.(Point is, I think these kinda games can sell very well if executed perfectly(There's so many variations, you have to stand out)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#7]
His name is Adrian, not Aderian, I only point it out cos you've said that twice now :)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#8]
If he does spell it adrian, well...(think fast antony..think fast)..he spells it wrong too. ;)

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hey, you spell your name wrong, too.

If I remember rightly, Jeremy was attempting to sell Enigma-X in a seafood restaurant, which was... innovative... but the internet probably works better for this sort of thing.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#10]
Yeah, I had a laptop set up in the restaurant which had a very busy lounge ... LOL those were the days. Yes, I'll try anything!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#11]
Oh BTW though the restaurant version had little fish for pieces ;) And a special fish BG.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#12]
If I remember rightly, Jeremy was attempting to sell Enigma-X in a seafood restaurant

NOW I REMEMBER! I still think it was an interesting idea, but yeah it was kind of doomed to failure I would imagine. But you were thinking outside the box. That's never a bad thing. :)

skn3(Posted 2004) [#13]
lol are you kidding me ?
Was that really the game you were trying to sell... ? I remember you building it up to be "the best game in the world" (not a quote)

Well we all have to start somewhere :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hehe, yeah well I had a few people really hooked on it at the time and they pumped me up. Eventually, it got taken out of the restaurant because the staff wouldn't stop playing it lol.