WHBL

Community Forums/Showcase/WHBL

Erroneouss(Posted 2004) [#1]
cool!
reminds me of doom and Sega's House of doom or something ...house of somehting...
looks great! :D
keep up the good work!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#2]
Hey, that looks nice! Definitely a House of the Dead look but FPS instead of just S ;)

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
That's really quite impressive considering how long you've been here. Damn good job, Hujiklo.

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#4]
that looks awesome!

ckob(Posted 2004) [#5]
thats really kool looking...whats the head up top though kind of look like a baby?

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#6]
Yep -ckob - I imported some lights from giles and just stuck a photo of my son's head in their respective xyz's just so I could see where they were and test the lighting - made his day when he came home from nursery!!

Thanks for the comments people! I hope I can finish this game so you can all play it! You'll need spare trousers...or extremely air-tight rubber underpants! Ho ho! I'll lend you mine.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#7]
Looks very good indeed. Well done! I really hope you manage to make this MEGA scary. ;)

Yep -ckob - I imported some lights from giles and just stuck a photo of my son's head in their respective xyz's just so I could see where they were and test the lighting - made his day when he came home from nursery!!

So, you put a son where the moon should be? :) *groan*

Matty(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks very nice. The zombie reminds me of the townsfolk in the short story, "Shadow Over Innsmouth".

Idaho Razor(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hey, LOOKING VERY NICE!!!

did you model all of that? where did you learn to model/skin like that?

also are you Allsmiles from the 3drad forums, and the developer of that golf game? (that guy in the background looks familiar)

I came to blitz3D from 3drad as well and i tell you what i was very impressed with blitz3D :-)

I'm glad you came over to blitz3D and i hope your enjoying it all! Thanks again!

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thankyou for the comments people. Still, let's not expect too much too soon eh? The end is a very long way off yet but I'm hoping you'll all stick with me on this one! Damn - I've got to finish a game off before I die!!!
Anyhow - here is a very quick avi just showing the zombies going throught their animation sequences for those who wanted to see. The quality isn't great though - and remember it's only a slap-together!

http://www.gnarlysoft.co.uk/Stuff/WHBL-quick-test.wmv

Hujiklo(Posted 2004) [#11]
Oh yeh - Idaho! Yes it's me. I had to admit defeat in 3drad, way too much work getting around all the problems - it just got me so depressed. I would never buy anything to do with 3impact after experiencing the lack of foresight they had with regards the enormous workload they force an individual gamemaker to endure. Fast easy instrucution set with an gigantic 'work-around' overhead and pathetic import system.

3impact is no different.

I had 3 games on the go in Rad. I'll finish them all off here. My real Jewel in the crown is still under wraps though!

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#12]
Looks even better moving.

So, you used 3impact? What was your experience of that?
It was under discussion recently here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=31658

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#13]
Lovely stuff :D