Kjell Frenzy upDate

Community Forums/Showcase/Kjell Frenzy upDate

cermit(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hello Fellow Blitzers!

Here it is! The infamous Kjell Frenzy!

I dunno what people think about the previous Demo version, 'couse it didnt get many replies :P
The Update however is bigger, more maps, enemies, pickups and better gameplay [If it has some at all ;)

So now I write this small tutorial for you, there isnt any helpfile with the download for the moment and think this tut will be enough.

Game Tutorial

This is Kjell - The Main Character, the "Pipe" in his hands is a Shotgun [i think]
To fire The Shotgun you have to Hit [or press] the "V" button. He is also capable of throwing grenades, by
hiting/pressing the "C" button.
If you want to hold you position and turn around to shoot enemies or whatever, press the "Z" button (you will be
able to move while not pressing this button)
Kjell will Run if you press "X" button (you will be
walking while not pressing this button)
Oh, I forgot to mention that you use the arrow keys to walk or run.
The explenation above is pretty bad, but you will understand once you try the game.

You can only walk to the next map/area by following the roads that ends on the edge of the current map.

You have to kill all enemies on the current map before you can walk to the next map/area, otherwise it would be too easy.

Find out how to get the green key, It will be too easy if i tell you how to get it. Maybe its already too easy.

To open doors you need the right key to the right door, stand as close as possible to the door and hit "B" button.
The door is the green thing on this image, it might not look like a door.. but it sure works like one.

The last thing is the Status Bar, I think you understand it pretty clearly. Above the Hearts Coins and Ammo you will see a line wich says 'Four Little Enemies' this is the name of the area. And on the Right side you will see all the Keys you have collected.
Below the little image of Kjell you see a yellow line, wich displays the Stamina you have left.
But i thought its very boring to walk when you have no stamina left(although it refills all the time) so you can
continue running even when its empty.

I hope you understand everything I wrote, and that you will try this updated demo. I dont know when/if i will finish this game. Hope you enjoy it anyway.

Download Game

Later,
Cermit

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
Yeah! An update :o) I'm downloading....

cermit(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yay! Did anyone else try it? Or does people not bother to download my stuff? What's wrong?!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#4]
I rarely donwload any demos, but this one looks good. For its genre it seems to be well done. Maybe the controls are kinda uncommon. People usually expect to stand still if they don't press any key, and walk if they press a key for walking. Anyway, looks good, sounds good, that's all I can say. Don't expect too much responses here, we are not the audience, just other games coders.

cermit(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thank you, i didnt think of it this way "we are not the audience, just other games coders." what you say is true.

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hehehe, nice game man. I like the music alot still. Reminds me of final fantasy 7 :o) Found a couple of bugs. I went into different screens and couldn't get back again. Also, the first screen you start in, if you go south, you get a Illegal something error. But, keep up the good work man ;)

I thought i'd posted the above here. Actually posted it in another forum ^_^!

cermit(Posted 2004) [#7]
Okey, i'll try to fix them. You cant go back to the other rooms while there still are enemies around though, i think i'll remove that. Thank you for playing :)