Tinvaders - need help testing.

Community Forums/Showcase/Tinvaders - need help testing.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#1]
HI all.

Just did a small update for the game TI, the update fix's the posting of high scores to the tr.com site.

I seem to be getting mixed results on 2 different computers and would like some help testing it.

http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/public/games/Tinvaders.exe
And the Patch if you already have version 1.1.1
http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/public/games/TI_Patch_01.zip

thats the installer, to post a score, you need to beat the top score on the difficulty level your on.

The file is around 12 meg, so 56k need not apply unless your board.

thanks in advance.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#2]
Screen shots and game info here.
http://www.teamrebellion.com/projects.php?set=6

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#3]
had a quick play looks good so far..im guna run it passed my kids for a bit of retro action:)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#4]
I look forward to seeing your's and your kids high scores on the site.

sswift(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thought you might be remaking this:

Texas Instruments Invaders. :-)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#6]
lol ah you cant beat the classic I must admit. although mine does take a good stab at it.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#7]
cant believe my kids finaly stopped playin vex and keep playin this, nice stuff Yavin they love the power ups

oh and the high score TILER 29891 aint me its my 11 yr old

edit[] read n weep kids TILERSENIOR 56581 on easy

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#8]
ROFL.. Is that on the Easy Table ?

[edit]
http://www.teamrebellion.com/score.php?gamename=Terminal%20Invaders&sort=DESC&list=100&dif=Easy

11th, not bad.

Its a little tough though, when I ported the high scores from the old site to the new one, I only kept the top 10 or so ppls scores up, so the top 10 ish on the easy table are TI Pro's and have been playing it for ages.

The old score sheet was massive, hundreds of names on it.

Anyway I hope you knock the top 3 off lol Iv been trying for a while and cant do it.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#9]
i can only handle the easy table at my age ;)

it would be good if it was like galaxian i keep Expecting then to start falling down

ckob(Posted 2004) [#10]
i did it on hard I dont think I did to bad I played it for well over an hour maybe more

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#11]
Hard
1st CKOB 8796659...wow u space cadet
2nd PAN 57733
3rd TILER 15553

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#12]
/me punches 8796659 into his cheat scanner.....

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#13]
Yup thats a cheat. Id be interested to find out what you used cKob, and I will of course be removing the score. unless of course you can give me a good reason..

Tracer(Posted 2004) [#14]
Easy to do.. use a tool like TSearch, find the score in memory, make it a ridiculous number, kill yourself off in the game, submit score .. voila.

Tracer

ckob(Posted 2004) [#15]
yeah it was easy

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#16]
PATCH --- http://www.teamrebellion.co.uk/public/games/TI_Patch_01.zip

The Above Patch makes it almost impossible to cheat now, thanks to the workings of Andreas and a nice looking little MD5 lib, this means anyone whos not already got the above patch will need it to post scores.

As for the memory hacks mentioned above, None of them will really work as there are other things/data being sent that your not aware of, that will give away that you cheated.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#17]
getting a mav on the patch
should i download the whole thing again from 1st post

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#18]
Entertaining but a little whine...

Having to press space bar when I want to enter something is weird!

Also, if you lose your UberWeapon i.e. blue weapon by dieing when you are in the thick of it then you are 'stuffed'.

Apart from that it plays fine =)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#19]
Tiler ?? MAV from the patch.. Not sure why m8, its only a new exe and there was no changes to its loading routines. only some changes to a function that adds your score to the net.

I hope you got it working. if not let me know on our forums and I will get right on it.

At Sham, yeah if you lose your good guns your stuffed, thats the idea. the Big Blue Fire is really strong so if you have it its your call, but you increase the risk of being shot as you cant see all of the bullets.

I like the Green stuff more, its got more focus and you can see most of the bullets easier.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#20]
it was me being a gimp...works fine (no mav)

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#21]
Ahh.

Seems were having some probelms with our webhost. in that they suck or they are under constant attack from nooob script kids.

Meaning my site is down and wont let you post scores. We hope to have this fixed soon though as were moving to a new host which was mentioned by some one else in another thread.

So with some luck in a week or so we should have all data moved and all pages moved to a new doamin.

Also with luck no one will notice it as the domain will be moved as well.