Tank Universal

Community Forums/Showcase/Tank Universal

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#1]
Have been working on Level 3 - a large battle arena for TU - two forts, red and blue, lots of tanks.

It's still all over the show - the gems and tanks are placeholders, I've stripped out all the particlefx in readiness for ParticleCandy, the red bit in the distance is to be a lava waterfallbut, the turrets on the wall are in the wrong spot or have fallen over, but it's getting there!

Got the behemoth in but needs much more work - eyes need to glow red, need to smooth some parts and he walks like a clockwork doll ;-)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice atmosphere you got going there :D Is there any demos of this? Looks interesting!

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#3]
Looking really nice.
Is this the tank game a demo was released of a few months back, with bullet time? If not, any plans to release a demo?

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#4]
'Dude'

No - that was someone else's. I released a demo about a year ago (which I could repost if anyone wants - 15mb), but have come a fair way since then.

I am working toward a demo in the next few months. Not interested in releasing a tech demo level only (not getting at you Otacon), and so have some work to do as this is the core of TU.

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#5]
woa... coooool...

i really like those green robots... especially the big one... verrry imposing...

--Mike

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hard to tell whats going on those pics because of the darkness.

But what I can tell, woh, this game will really have its own enviroment and atmosphere!

When can we expect a new demo sometime soon!?

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#7]
WOW, nice. I want to play it bad.

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#8]
Falelorn

Cool - I've been working on this for a long time now and appreciate your enthusiasn.

MrSAK
Basically a 3d tank game with a bit of FPS thrown in. In a quasi Tron style - as much from trying to create an attractive but simple look that allows me to get away with all sorts of non-real world things and that wasn't too taxing to create.

Looking to mix 'get from A->B' kind of levels, with bigger, more complex battles involving lots of units and opposing fortresses.

Hopefully a demo of this level in the coming months. Keep you posted.

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looks great!

GNS(Posted 2004) [#10]
Awesome stuff! TU has certainly come a long way from the original demo (which I wouldn't mind seeing reposted, btw).

Definitely looking forward to the next demo. :)