Do Yooh Lo! A Codesketch

Community Forums/Showcase/Do Yooh Lo! A Codesketch

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#1]
A few months ago I created a few mini-games which I now dub Codesketches because it's like I'm using code to sketch instead of a pencil. This is the first of many codesketches I want to post. I actually picked up the domain codesketching.com and would like to post simple codesketches which can be anything ... not just games. The idea is to get people used to the fact that code will one day be just like a pencil ... a common tool that everyone uses.

Now I present Do Yooh Lo! The most violent game/codesketch I've ever made ;) Instructions are in the installer. Post your top score!

Serve it Cold! Do Yooh Lo!

Warren(Posted 2004) [#2]
Dude, you are seriously disturbed. :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Thank you!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#4]
Oh, I got a 902 last round ... see if someone can beat it, then I'll beat them muahahaha!

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2004) [#5]
Seriously disturbed is kind of an understatement...

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#6]
Oh come on now, it's not that bad! ;P

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#7]
960 once I figured out how to play it.

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#8]

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#9]

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#10]
Very nice mini game.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#11]
1442 ;)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#12]
Well, thanks xmlspy!

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#13]
lol I suck 262, but good game.

RocketGnome(Posted 2004) [#14]
I vote that you replace the simple graphics with other simple graphics:

Do Yooh Lo: Yellow Smiley Face..
Enemies: Green Angry faces..

Kinda addicting. I like twitch games like these.
I think there should be more up-beat color to make it more disturbing! (Like a perversion of Nintendo's cutest game)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#15]
Yeah, I'm going to do it up some more I think. I also thought of a better strategy for the gameplay. Both ninja stars and sword should be worth the same points per kill ... but you should lose points only if you miss with the stars. Might work better.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#16]
Heh, got over 2400 with the new style!

@rtur(Posted 2004) [#17]
:D

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#18]

(ok, I lie, but you were impressed for a moment, weren't you?)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#19]
Yes indeed!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#20]
4688!

po(Posted 2004) [#21]
I got 6200. you just run away until they get in a line, then shot em all.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#22]
Yep, I think it might have been better the original way! Oh well, right now I'm working on a networked FPS codesketch so everyone can play ;)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#23]
I got -4447 points. Very disturbed :D

Caff(Posted 2004) [#24]
This game scares me.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#25]

This game would be very good if it was worked on a bit.

Little better graphics, some balancing, menu, sound, etc.

I had fun :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#26]
Hey thanks! Actually, we do have plans to bring this up to a full game ... just that currently we need to get Market Value out. After that we're looking at Ball Breakers ... but this game could come first.

Neuro(Posted 2004) [#27]
Woah...if you push and hold 1 while playing it can get really trippy...

Jeroen(Posted 2004) [#28]
2241 :)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#29]
What is it with spastic program names? :)

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#30]
I think it needs a new name, lol.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#31]
See what happened was we were going to make this game Serve It Cold! This is based on the idea from Kill Bill ... which kinda inspired me to make a game with swords, stars, and lots of killing.

Anyway, we were having a conversation and Adrian made a big type outta something ... and it came out Do Yooh Lo! Which sounded like some Samurai's name to me ... and thus that's how it came about. I think he was typing "do you know how" or something ... don't know but Do Yooh Lo is the guy's name now and the name of the actual game is Serve it Cold!

skn3(Posted 2004) [#32]
Why did you make me install this :P stupid installers. What is worse, the uninstall simply removed the uninstall shortcut. How useless is that :P

With !alot! of work you could make a fun crimson clone, which it looks like you are aiming at. Or even better, some kind of 3d smashtv game.. that would be fun.

I got a score of 2006, and then the dudes ran out

RocketGnome(Posted 2004) [#33]
I didn't realize you could run around! (guess it helps to read the instructions)

This is actually somewhat close to the control scheme the game I've been working on for ages. Though mine is a strange hybrid of smash tv/robotron, venture, with some klax thrown in (yeah, klax)..

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#34]
The uninstaller should remove the whole directory? Hmmm... mine works right. Anyway, we're going to be doing a whole game based on this premise after Market Value launches. Then I think we're also going to redo Enigma-X.