Epicenter: nuclear burn trailer

Community Forums/Showcase/Epicenter: nuclear burn trailer

@rtur(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi ppl!
Here is small(6Mb) trailer of my game Epicenter: nuclear burn.

http://www.3dnews.ru/files/pub/games/trailers/Epicenter.wmv

Let me know what do u think...

GameCoder(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looking very good @artur.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#3]
neat, very good looking

GfK(Posted 2004) [#4]
It looks OK.... the explosions are not very convincing though. Your average gamer would expect to see a much bigger bang when he destroys a tank/boat/helicopter.

Not sold on the slow-moving tank shell things either. What's with that?

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#5]
I kinda agree with Gfk on some of his points..

The explosions would be alot better if you added an expanding ring on the ground, almost like a mini nuke explosion ^^

and whats with the incredible good armour on the enemy tanks? it should be alot easier to kill with so many tanks on your side.. ^^ anyway, I don't know the gameplay details. It just seemed odd that the gunship and gunturret could kill enemies with a single hit, but ~8 tanks have to use ~10 seconds to kill a single unit..

anyhow.. one of the best pieces I have ever seen made in blitz ^^

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#6]
Pretty neat. The explosions in the water were a lot better than the RTS look part. I was glad to see it wasn't only RTS with that music lol. It was kinda funny you had this fast paced song and then you're looking at 7 tanks try to blow eachother up in the grass ... not very exciting that opening scene. The tanks did seem to have an excessive amount of armor ... like way excessive. 5 tanks should kill off 1 other one in like less than 2 seconds.

Neuro(Posted 2004) [#7]
Woah...those enemy tanks must be tough as hell since it took 5 player tanks at least 7 shots each to destroy one...

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very nice!

Eikon(Posted 2004) [#9]
Man, the water scene looked great! This is top quality stuff here. Besides the already mentioned things I would say that having mines floating in the water towards the ship to shoot at the same time would be neat. Or maybe something coming from the air too, for variation.

Regular K(Posted 2004) [#10]
Best looking B3D game ive seen!

Eikon, maybe fighter jets can fly in?

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#11]
Kinda beachheady... I like it. The RTS stuff though, as stated, seems to be a bit unbalanced based on the one-shot kills of the third person turreted shooting.