Drought

Community Forums/Showcase/Drought

JBR(Posted 2004) [#1]

Made it more into a game with levels and sound.
(Some sounds are borrowed :-{)
It's not finished but should give few hours worth of fun.

Read the 'settings' file for instructions.

Download here! (718kb)

Marg

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#2]
This looks and plays brilliantly, but I don't like the name Drought though - it's not macho like Virus or Zarch. You need something that suggests infestation or festering decay or something...

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#3]
Bile
Rankle
Putrefy
Corrode

Neuro(Posted 2004) [#4]
Pretty cool game....I like the style and graphics....kinda tough though....

Vorderman(Posted 2004) [#5]
Tough...pah - it's supposed to be tough! It's Zarch - the hardest mouse-controlled game ever created (perhaps excluding "The Arm" in Trespasser) designed to sort the men from the boys.

Try shooting the fighters on the original Archimedes version...now that was tough.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#6]
It's cool but I don't know how the hell you shoot any of the enemies. Without being able to pitch the ship back you can't slowdown without spinning it all the way around.

Stevie G(Posted 2004) [#7]
Good stuff James!! I like the new take with the water etc... Not much of a time limit though :( As for the name - appropriate but shadey! I'm sure the original was provisionally titled 'Bird Of Prey' on the ST.

By the way - took me a while to suss you're culling method - a black skybox same size as the landscape me thinks - works well!

JBR(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks guys, to really be good at the game you have to be able to fly at high speed in all directions then turn and thrust to stop pretty much immediately.

Stevie, not sure what you mean about the name being shadey, I've not seen 'Bird Of Prey' on the ST.
You are right about about the clipping method; anything to avoid tricky bits of code.:-}
Also, how is the real conversion of Zarch/Virus coming along?

All the best
Marg

JBR(Posted 2004) [#9]
No probs Stevie, my email is in my sig.

(Might be an idea to include a few cheats; like a quick refuel and extra life keys)

keyboard(Posted 2004) [#10]
its so nice looking, good one Marg.