Project X

Community Forums/Showcase/Project X

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#1]

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#2]
Otacon

It looks like you've got a nice glow/bloom fx going on there - but are there other features on display here? Is this a part of Vivid? What does Project X mean and why should we be interested?

You really have to be a little bit less cryptic with your posts. It's one thing to create a 'buzz', it's another just to be willfully vague.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#3]
The project is still X, which mean's it's not yet ready to be unvailed (I.e not it's real name, and not to be vague, it's just too early to be concrete about anything, so pointless saying it.)

It's nothing to do with vivid however, it's a game.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#4]
" it's not yet ready to be unvailed"

so why display anything? Especially with 0 information

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#5]
Because I wanted to, would be a good guess.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#6]
Screen shoots look cool btw. The lighting is cool

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#7]
Most people who post screens of their projects, even in early development, give more information that 'Project X'. don't you think?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#8]
Well, fine, it's not like it's a national secret :)

Project X = Cryo Soldiers.
Online 3rd/1st person shooter(With bots.)
Game is currently in a playable state, and has a unique control system, well unique if you've never played my previous game S.O.T.A, but it's a step up.
Dynamic AI, with simulated fear/anger/kindness on a per relationship basis, with multiple tasks per ai brain solved in order of importance for realistic multi-tasking npcs.

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#9]
Ok ;-) - that sounds interesting (and gives a bit more colour than 'Project X')

The AI - relationship stuff sounds very interesting. I think the bulk of games today still have pretty limited AI in terms of NPC reactions towards the player - usually attack/run away/stand still and wait to talk to player.

But will this impact on Vivid devel?

Perturbatio(Posted 2004) [#10]
The bloom effect is nice, the model seems good but it's hard to tell, but the texture used for the walls doesn't look so good.

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#11]
That bloom fx, if it's shader based, which I guess it would be, would be great for my tank game.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#12]
Glow/Bloom look great ( which is saying something because bloom usually annoys me ) and the model looks good ( Psionic's? )

Agree with Perturbatio about that texture though. That's gotta go.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#13]
Syb, yep, one from his recent model 4 pack, with further anims by AshMantle, like sliding against a wall and what not.

Mad, hopefully not. VividGL goes on sale in lite form very soon(Lite version is for the doubters..something like 10quid minus a few things to make the full priced version worthwhile still). The new 3d engine is the only 3d engine I'm coding atm, and that's a few months away.

Oh as for the level textures, yep, that's because I did the map. Always a bad sign ;)

MadJack(Posted 2004) [#14]
I've got a question about Vivid and Blitz3d.

How easy would it be to include vivid and (regardless of Vivid's other capabilities) just apply a general fx to the screen render- like a bloom that was limited to full bright areas of the screen - a Tron glow fx basically?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#15]
In vivid,

renderScene()

grabTexture(myTex)

fxSkinOn(BloomSkin)

DrawTexture(myTex,0,0,graphicswidth(),graphicsHeight)

fxskin=a vivid object using pixel (And optional vertex) shaders

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#16]
I think that looks like ...hmmm ... crap.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#17]
I look forward to your reaction when the demo is released. And retraction. ;)

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#18]
doom3 looks better.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#19]
not for long :) well, whatever the case, this game will look a lot better very soon. Level graphics now = mine. Soon = A very good 3d artist. So, it won't be bland scenary wise for long.

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#20]
"VividGL goes on sale in lite form very soon..."

Well, I hope it sells better than this: http://www.trandom.com/antony/

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#21]
that never went on sale, it was released open source here.
Find somewhere else to troll eh?

Synchronist(Posted 2004) [#22]
There you go getting defensive again. You mean this one?

MultiLibV1.2 Final by Chong

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#23]
Nah, that's one I made earlier.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#24]
Looks like you definitely have a graphics engine. Would have been cool to see something other than the same scene from 3 different angles though.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#25]

ckob(Posted 2004) [#26]
cant see the pictures :(

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#27]
whoops, fixed.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#28]
You fixed one at least. I can see the first shot, but the other three don't work.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#29]
Lots of good stuff at the root address:

http://www.excess.eclipse.co.uk/

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#30]
Not anymore.

You know epic, a picture isn't a invitation to go snooping around someone's ftp space.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#31]
That was excessive. You could have just thrown an index.html in there and kept the screenshots. Now this thread is completely pointless (not that a shot of Psionic's model in a crummy Maplet level was much of a point.)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#32]
The other shots were on amon's space, dunno what's up with those.I probably deleted them by mistake when uploading the first one.

I'll reupload the shots anyway, didn't mean to delete any.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#33]
wow what a spiraling dead thread.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#34]
wow, what a troll.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#35]
You know epic, a picture isn't a invitation to go snooping around someone's ftp space.

Welcome to the Internet.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#36]
That would make sense if I said 'A picture isn't a means'..
The fact it's possible is common sense. The fact you did it isn't.

Falelorn(Posted 2004) [#37]
Chong, heres a little advice.

If you would spend more time coding, less time hitting refresh and responding, you would get more done.

Dont worry so much about what others thing, and calling people names. You will turn into Halo at that rate. :p

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#38]
"I'm a petty man in a petty world."- J.Future

:)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#39]
"We're all in the gutter, but at least some of us are looking at the stars."

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#40]
"What good are the stars when the memories leave you blind?"

(Too much max payne 2...way too much.)

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#41]
Can we get EpicBoy and Chong a forum of there own to fight on ? :D

big10p(Posted 2004) [#42]
*snore*

BlackTower(Posted 2004) [#43]
In the meanwhile, the three pictures still doesn't work.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#44]

Warren(Posted 2004) [#45]
Yep, does blooms. Very bloomy...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#46]
Very observant.

ckob(Posted 2004) [#47]
i couldnt help it notice the shadow in the background, is that a diffrent player ?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#48]
Yep, npc. You have ai 'team mates'.

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#49]
Looks cool

Warren(Posted 2004) [#50]
Does it support blooms?

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#51]
The pictures..You see them? The one's with bloom on? Well frame them, and whenever you find yourself wondering if you're stupid..take a look, and remember this day.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#52]
Stuffing a sock in your mouth, your head in the toilet.

GrahamK(Posted 2004) [#53]
I think someone summed things up nicely earlier....

*snore*

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#54]
The epidemic continues...(Btw if that was a threat, don't make me laugh. You havn't done so far in the time we've known each other, but you're in serious danger of making me crack a smile with this tough man persona..)

Anyway, Mods, do the honours and lock the thread please, it's been epiced.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#55]
I think someone summed things up nicely earlier....

*snore*

Your input is valued.

The epidemic continues...(Btw if that was a threat, don't make me laugh. You havn't done so far in the time we've known each other, but you're in serious danger of making me crack a smile with this tough man persona..)

Toodles.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#56]
I think someone summed things up nicely earlier too....

*snore*

skidracer(Posted 2004) [#57]
Epicboy, I don't know how much you value the Blitz Community, but with 95% of your posts being unconstructive wit with questionable humour and many just out right flame bait perhaps you could reevaluate your attitude.

You may justly feel superior to other users but continually voicing such opinions from such a position just makes you look increasingly insecure and IMHO contributes greatly to the reputation these forums have of being full of unfriendly argumentative users.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#58]
Silence skidmarker! I reserve the right to be the ultimate waste of forum bandwith and flamebait. I probably owe Mark at least $30 NZD

Plus chong speaks a load of old bollocks at the best of times and thats that. He makes himself a target most of the time.

I do think that when he releases Vivid and/or this thing, he will silence 99% of his critics...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#59]
Plus chong speaks a load of old bollocks at the best of times and thats that.

Who are you unknown user?

(Made you look.)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#60]
Did not and nor would I care. I am fully aware of the consequences of my actions :)

Now you'll notice I haven't slagged off projectx... lets see a demo though!

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#61]
Educating Pita.

Leason number 1. Never assume. It makes you look silly(Or azumi)
The level graphics are placeholder. By me.Not a single texture will be used, nor a single polygon. (Soldier will be thou)

Leason Number 2. Do not assume every shot is in-game.
The bloom is much more subtle in game..It's just done over the top on those shots to make up for the awful map I did(I'm not even pretending to be an artist)

Leason number 3. Never do crack while hanging upside down on a Chinok chopper whilst over enemey lines.
(That one's just common sense tho)

Leason Number 4. Tact. (See dictionary.com)

:)

Did not and nor would I care. I am fully aware of the consequences of my actions :)

Now you'll notice I haven't slagged off projectx... lets see a demo though!

Yeah I know, I was just breaking your balls( Too much sopranos). I'm actually uploading a private demo for ad etc..think I can live with rubbin..I mean, showing it to you..;)(20mb tho)

Warren(Posted 2004) [#62]
Hmm...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#63]
Lesson Number 5. When unable to defend yourself or argue with the adults, run and tell the teacher that the bad man made you cry.

Good of you to edit that out epic. (I have ways.)

Skid's post was his own doing, but one I agree with fully.

Why can't you demonstrate this so called adultness of yours, by acting like one and stop trying to start a argument with someone everyday? It's so boring.

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#64]
And This --> is a virtual peace pipe.
Let's just both just take a toke, and put this rubbish behind us, and get on with our lifes.

The very best that can come of us carrying on is both of us on the wrong end of a ban...it's hardly something to aspire to.

Warren(Posted 2004) [#65]
I have a hard time accepting a chiding of "act like an adult" from someone who digs up my edited post to display for all to see.

But whatever...

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#66]
And that's any worse than following someone from thread to thread baiting them 24/7, out of boredom, by your own admission?

just let it end here...

Warren(Posted 2004) [#67]
I'd love to, but you have to stop talking to me. So go ahead and reply to this post - that'll give you the last word if that's what you need - and that'll be that.

Lumivel(Posted 2004) [#68]
It looks nice, I like the cool effects.

Stop being mean to Antony/Otacon/Chong people, he isn't being mean. STOP. NOW.